The mkiv Supra Owners Club

U.K cars for sale

Rob22

In my experience most UK cars are advertised as such, as Ian says, the bonnet scoop and headlight washers are a good indication it's a UK model, the only other way to be certain is to speak with the seller........good luck with your search:thumbs:

And the beige/cream leather interior...J-spec's are black or non-leather.

Also the UK's came with 17" rims and larger brakes with 'Supra' on them, whereas the early J-Spec's came with 16's and smaller brakes...

...anything else...erm, not sure, but I don't think there were any UK's after 96' but could be wrong.

Someone should be along shortly to confirm/deny the above :D

top stuff :) theres just so many advertised its hard to tell the difference but i should be able to now.

thx again

Just one thing the bonnet vents are they a scoop type shape or a little harder to spot just ive had a look at a few pici's and cant seem to spot it or am i just being dumb :confused:

While iam here might aswell ask if anyone knows of a respected dealer who sells top quality supras because iam new to these i would feel a bit happier swapping my money with a trader as you do ;)

I would say the headlamp washers are probably the safest bet. I'm only aware of one person who's fitted them to a J spec.

Heated seats too must be a rare fit on J specs, I doubt many people have done that mod either.

btw, if you wade through this post you'll find a proper list of the differences:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2727

Yeah, heres a pic of mine.. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.pogmore/mycar.jpg

Also, look under the bonnet, and along the driver side of the engine, there should be a funnel type of thing that channels air from the bonnet scoop down past the engine cylinders. :thumbs:

Not as rare as the manuals :( but there were only 620 or so UK Supras in total sold over the 3 years they were available, I'm sure one or two have been written off :D so the pool of cars isn't that great to start with.

If, hypothetically, there were 500 left and 20% of them changed hands every year, thats only 100 cars being offered for sale in the whole country in any one year, or about 2 a week :(

Obviously my figures are completely fabricated, but if they all changed hands every year, thats still averages only 10 per week, strung out over the length and breadth of Britain.

Why do you specifically want an auto? Not that there's anything at all wrong with them, its just that most people who find it hard to find the right Supra, are searching for that elusive manual version :)

well i want a u.k spec because of the insurance and the goodies they come with ;) i would if i had the choice go for a manual and if one came along for the right price i would snap it up but ive been told there very rare so i was hoping autos were a bit more common,so either really aslong as its silver and has the the stuff you would expect FSH e.t.c :) at the moment iam just trying to get a feel for what costs what as i dont want to go to much over £10000 :thumbs: which i hope will secure me a standard or near standard model with not to many miles on the clock.:gallery:

Originally posted by Rob22

well i want a u.k spec because of the insurance and the goodies they come with ;) i would if i had the choice go for a manual and if one came along for the right price i would snap it up but ive been told there very rare so i was hoping autos were a bit more common,so either really aslong as its silver and has the the stuff you would expect FSH e.t.c :) at the moment iam just trying to get a feel for what costs what as i dont want to go to much over £10000 :thumbs: which i hope will secure me a standard or near standard model with not to many miles on the clock.:gallery:

I've bin looking round for a while now and can tell you that unless you're really fortunate £10000 is gonner get you a standard car Auto with 80k+ miles on. Nice low miles or mod'd are more like £15000

A stock condition UK car will fetch more money than a modded one (imho). Low or high miles.

Reasons : Not everyone wants aftermarket bits. Different choices, styles with mods are difficult to match. And theres the extra insurance cost.

Originally posted by Rob22

hmm well i'll phone up about an import then to see what insurance is like on one :( not really what i was after but ive seen some nice examples around for the sort of money ive got ;)

Again... bin doing that myself past week or so, I got quote based on unmodified UK & Jspec cars (about 5 quotes for each) and found that the jspec was (on average) 25% more expensive (eg cheapest UK quote for an UNMODIFIED car was £415 & cheapest Jpsec was £535). Im sure when I do some proper insurance diggin I'll get it down a bit more, but these were just to give me some idea.

-Dale

gets me why imports are more to insure :confused: feels like there just trying to squeeze money out of you for nothing :mad: o well ive only just started looking so theres time left yet best of luck with your search anyway :) hope you find a goodun :thumbs:

Hello. I’ve got a UK auto red.

New turbos at 96000.

new discs at 110000

New 100s of things like oil pump hoses metal head gasket the list is endless

Total cost of work £7000 with receipts

The guy i bought it off was mega rich and when he bought it he wanted it to run like new. Work carried out by TOYODA TECH

RUNS literally like new. Every thing works as it should. 130000. service every 5000. treated as it should be!!

Girls been on at me for ages about fuel insurance and so on.

Toying with the idea of selling it for the right price.