The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can you fit TT turbos to an NA engine?

Guest Andy Bird

Guest Andy Bird

Because im new here ill ask the stupid question.

Has anyone bolted up the twins on a standard supra to the na lump?

Maybe with an adaptor for the flange, would they physically go in the hole? With say the forerunner dizy cap?

Maybe a cheaper solution for people wanting upgrade on stock clutch and box?

Edited by Gaz6002 (see edit history)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andy Bird

Slaughter all you want soon see who the keyboard warriors are on here.

Surely changing a bolt pattern with an adaptor or rewelding a flange isnt that much bother? Compared to 4k on a boost logic system

Guest Andy Bird
I'd be the first to admit I know naff all about engines but I do know, from reading the forum and using the "search button" that just bolting two turbos to an na engine is not going to end well.

and the difference between doing that and bolting a big single on is. . . . . . . .

Guest Andy Bird

Strapping a pair of turbos on an na with the right supporting mods is naff all different to strapping on a big single and running 500bhp on a stock na with uprated head gasket and fuelling

Strapping a pair of turbos on an na with the right supporting mods is naff all different to strapping on a big single and running 500bhp on a stock na with uprated head gasket and fuelling

I think most decide against it for the same reason the majority of people decide against putting a big turbo on an NA. It's more cost effective to use the TT engine.

However, if you think you know different then go for it.

Guest Andy Bird

There may well be technical issue in the swap like stock pipes etc and pressure sensor takeoffs or whatever but aftermarket tt manifold with na flange why would that not work when bolting on a t61 will?

Guest Andy Bird
Nicely aggressive, you go girl!

hardly agressive just used to keyboard warriors on forums, its the internet i dont care if someone thinks im a dick for asking a apparently stupid question.

Its only stupid if you know the answer

Guest Andy Bird
Personally I'd rather kick myself in the face than have to try and tackle retro-fitting that sequential system, but I suppose with enough patience, skill and money anything is possible.

admittidly not the best solution but just throwing it out there!!!

I love my supra and wouldnt sell it.even for.one thats.identicle but it is alittle slow coming from a Monaro VXR and ive heard the tt lump is less reliable.

Ill find my own way no doubt

Guest Andy Bird
Putting a single on a an n/a is nothing like singling a TT mate i think you are getting confused. We race a n/a-t which is a n/a with a turbo fitted. There is alot of work to fit TT's on an n/a and no point you might as well buy a TT.

appreciate the different and realise a na-t is a.turbod na!

You got a link to your car?