The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Maxxis Tyres

DuaneT.Turbo

We sell them where i work & they are a budget tyre. I wouldn't put them on a supra. We also sell continental, dunlop, michelin ect but a tyre that we all think is way under rated is sportiva. Sportiva seem very sticky & get very good feed back. One of the lads brother put them on his beemer & said he gets great grip with them.

I had a look on the computer but we don't have them in my size & never thought to check up but it would be interesting to see what they are like.

I have not heard many great reviews on them, yes they sponser the BDC but a drift car goes through a set in a few runs, not sure how great they are for everyday road use. Would stick to a well known and highly rated brand, I have used Toyo T1R's for years and can not fault them one bit but also current using Goodyear Eagle F1's on the front (they were only £10 for the 2;)) and they are pretty good as well.

Guest suprabass

In Maxxis defince here we use the Maxxis MAZ1 Drifts on the SATS COSWORTH Supra and have done all last year and they have been great dry and wet loads of grip in both conditions, Mark Luney has the MAZ1 road tyres on his UK auto TT and they have been great so far and Ill be putting them on my own road car (6 speed TT) in the near future as we have found them to be a really good tyre, but they are bringing out a Road legal track tyre Maxxis ZR9-Victra much like the R888 and from testing so far it performs just as good just waiting on sizes to come out.

http://www.maxxis.com/AutomobileLight-Truck/High-Performance/ZR9-Victra1.aspx

Just personal opinion of course lol.

• 1 month later...