The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mileage, Longivity and Desire!

cje001

Hi all,

Old member here returning after years out with 'other' cars...

Had a Sup TT 450bhp in 2002-4 had to sell as had a newborn - wish i hadnt now as i know there are some child seats that will fit in the back!!!

Anyway, my daughter is 4 1/2 now so a booster seat is all she needs.

My Alfa Romeo went pop the other day and now i`m on the hunt for a new Supra TT Manual - my aim is simple, i loved the Supra that much (and since i`ve owned Evo, Impreza, Focus, MR2, TVR Speed6....) that i want to buy one now and litterally keep her forever. I'm 30 now and i`ll get this car and keep her til im old :) (will have other cars as well but this and the Ferrari 355 i`ll buy in the future will be with me for life hehe)

Few quick questions as i`ve been away from these cars for a while if you guys dont mind.

1) Car seats

I`ve seen plenty of threads about child seats and booster seats in the back from 2006 etc but who has them in the car now and which seats are still available? Any links to product pages would be most appreciated.

2) Supra mileage

I`ve seen one with 90k miles on at a really good price - now seeing as i`m gonna maintain and keep this forever then i`m not overly fussed but reading threads from 04-06 the feeling was that the Supra engine could easily go to 150-200k+ miles without a worry - with the experience on this forum, is that still perceived as the case? Are there examples of this? Are engine failures common?

3) Supra parts

What are peoples views on the avilability of these parts in the next 20 years!!! Bet that question hasnt been asked before!

Anyway - its an interesting first post and i`d appreciate any comments at all.

Thanks,

Chris

welcome.

i have a car seat in the back all the time, it britax monaco, which got renamed to prince, very slim line but there age limit is 4 1/2, so as for booster seats i cant help.

As for milage there a regular member with a supra in the high 200k's and drove to south france and back no trouble.

And parts im sure toyota will keep them selling for a long time to come, if not there always be traders that make pattern parts or stock oem ones and the breakers of coarse

Thanks for that - i`ve located that one and bookmarked the Britax page for future reference ;)

I actually drove to Mallorca (via Ferry) in my old Supra - amazing journey, drove back from Mallorce - Barcelona - Paris - Calais - Stoke all in one stint - throught the night, was awesome!

With respect to the last question, if you have spare cash you could always take the mindset of "preventative medication" and purchase a brand-new long block from Toyota (~3k) and other spare parts that are unlikely to be continued in production (assuming you never want to modify the car).