The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why didn't i get a silver one

bullet_uk

Ok so i got my BLACK sup a few months back always said id never have a silver one as every one you see is silver now i cant help but want a silver one WHY????

do i pay silly amounts to get mine sprayed,try and find someone to swap (like thats gonna happen) or just put up with the black, just so you all know i love my sup no matter what colour i just really want a silver one (never ever liked silver supes b4 now)

Pointless post i guess but what's everyone's thought on sup colours

mate i think most of us are the same! i wanted a black one soooo much and now i have one i wished i went for a white one! but if i had of bought a white one. i would of probs wanted a black one lol

plus the black looks awsome polished up! ;-)

Blacks the best colour mate but as I said wednesday night I looked at a black and my silver one at

the same time.

I went for a test drive in my silver one and once back I didn't even bother looking at the black one. I didn't do anything for me.

Though now thinking about it it was a P reg with 40k on the clock already bpu hmmmmmm.

I'm the dead opposite of you mate, i always wanted a black one, right from day one, but ended up getting a silver NA for my first Supe. After i sold that i vowed i'd get a black TT6, i waited and waited but couldnt find a good low mileage example and ended up buying the white one i have now. Dont get me wrong, i love my white Supra....but its just not black. If i ever were to get rid of it later in life, i'd definately definately get a black one lol.

When i was looking for mine one thing i said no matter how well priced it was and what it had on it i didnt want Black, Silver or White as its all comman and bland (although all colours look nice) its just my opinion, but thats why we all have different tastes :) so i waned blue, gunmetal, yellow, green, maybe orange or red just not Black, Silver or White and i still dont look back as i love the Bayside Blue i have on mine.

I think resparaying it will just be a waste of money if you want a common colour, if it was something different an unique its worth it.

Id say sell yours and buy a Silver one mate. Thats the cheaper option. Theres always silver ones about.

Hope my advice was ok :)

Paul

Its a strange thing really as my first supra was a silver uk tt6 and when it went i bought a red 1 but always wanted a silver 1 again, had the red 1 12 months then crashed it and didnt really care much about it.

Then i bought another silver as id wished i had bought a silver instead of red and have only had this new supra for 3 months and im in love again.

So i know exactly what you mean.

Silver is probably the one colour on a Supra I would never buy, it's just too common :D I just see so many Fords, Vauxhalls, Citroens etc in silver. You rarely see say a silver Ferrari, Lambo or a Porsche as they're special cars. My Supra is black and I love it, if I had another choice it would be white. But a modified silver Supra does look great, but in stock I just think it blends in with the usual run of the mill cars out there.