The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats the top end of a BPU'd auto/manual Supra?

Blackie

a340e is the auto.

its 190 when you convert it from kmph. but it will tkae you a LONG time to get there. 4th in the auto is a very long geer!

mine did 163 in a mile. and does 110-115 in a 1/4. changing into 4th was a bit of a brick wall. even with 400ish bhp lol

3/4 of a mile to get that extra 50 mhp!

the mile event was fun but stresses the car and tbh although once youve done 1/2 a mile it gets a bit boring. sure your going fast but your not accelerating much. 1/4 mile is where its at in termas of excitement acceleration and mechanical sympathy :p

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

The one with 4 gears:taped:

look, I've just got up alright :p

a340e is the auto.

its 190 -200 iirc. but it will tkae you a LONG time to get there. 4th in the auto is a very long geer!

mine did 163 in a mile. and does 110-115 in a 1/4. changing into 4th was a bit of a brick wall. even with 400ish bhp lol

I take it thats mph?Surely it couldent do 190mph?

The one with 4 gears:taped:

That table shows theoretical top speed for the gearing not the actual speed the car can do.

A gps verified 170. The Speedo is fairly optimistic (15mph) so take someones quoted top speed based on speedo with a pinch of salt ;)

I was thinking its about 170mph tbh

Is that on a BPU Supra and which one's the Autobox?

It's the gearing ie. the speed you would be going in each gear with the engine at 6800rpm. The top speed in 6th is the theoretical top speed you could go if you had a long enough stretch of road and the power to overcome drag to get the engine to 6800rpm.

On a BPU car you should be able to get an actual (not speedo indicated) 170-180mph but you'd need a long road.

A340E is the autobox, the giveaway is that it only has 4 gears ;)

im sure it could get close to the 190. with a couple of miles. i have no doubt it would be into the 180s.

But its hard to predict these things. at those speeds air ristance plays such a huge part. wing mirrors and windscreen wipers will cost you a few mph! other propper aero mods like flat floor and stableising rear wings like they run in the states would see the thick end of that im sure. but in street trim with a bodykit messing up your drag id say a bit less :)

like i said it easily does 160mph in a mile. propper time with timeing equipment and not gps or speedo reading. my speedo was reading 180+ :p

I did 285Kph(177.1mph) GPS measured with mine once but only 1 bar of boost. ;)

Took some time and would have maybe got over 290 but some ***** pulled in front of me :\

Will try again when i've fixed the idling and missfire Problem...

EDIT: TT6 here ^^

Lucky bugger with your Autobahn's :D

Just wondering what the topend MPH would be on both of these? Anyone know/Hit it?

hi mate this what rocks my boat top speed, ok here goes in standard uk form the 6speed manual wont go over 170mph, when i went bpu in stages the top speed rose at full bpu i have it on gps in my garage 178mph ran out of road, to be honest i cant see it pulling over 185mph on the flat, i really want to own a genuine 200mph car the supra wont reach that speed on the stock turbos.

Theretical top speeds with stock sized wheels and 6800rpm limit:

UK 6spd: 203.7mph

Jspec 6spd (v160): 195.4mph

Jspec & UK auto: 190.5mph

Jspec 6spd (v161): 189.4mph

NA auto: 175.8mph

NA 6spd: 164.2mph

NA 5spd: 158.3mph

I know for a fact that a BPU jspec 6spd can do 189mph, but needs litterally miles of track to do it, particularly the last 10mph or so

Theretical top speeds with stock sized wheels and 6800rpm limit:

UK 6spd: 203.7mph

Jspec 6spd (v160): 195.4mph

Jspec & UK auto: 190.5mph

Jspec 6spd (v161): 189.4mph

NA auto: 175.8mph

NA 6spd: 164.2mph

NA 5spd: 158.3mph

I know for a fact that a BPU jspec 6spd can do 189mph, but needs litterally miles of track to do it, particularly the last 10mph or so

I was going to say that, it'll do 190 but it won't actually DO 190 lol.

Between 170 and 180 is a realistic pull, if you have the wind at your back and a nice day for cooling vs aero then you will hit the thick end within a "reasonable" distance.