The mkiv Supra Owners Club

3.4L Supra on Ebay

Westy

Sounds like it has had lots of money spent on it.

I remember this before for sale a few years ago, sure it was at the same place.

I some how remember the guys head in one of the photos under the car.

May be wrong though - damn memory now a days. :D

NB: I so love that waste gate sound - loverly.

Edited by Pudsey
NB (see edit history)

Whats going on with the exhaust, I thought straight through's were best for more power?

It even looks like their is a part that isn't connected to anything.

The wastegate is recirculated back into the exhaust, it then goes through a single silencer and then splits into two more silencers to maximise flow whilst keeping the noise levels down - possibly for track use? - With a T51R, power is one thing it won't be short of.

i love the waste gate chatter aswell! had it on my S14, you dont hear of alot of supra's doing it, is there a reason why?

It's not the wastegate, it's the turbo stalling when the throttle closes, the HKS T51 is known to have a particularly unique sound to it. The bigger the turbo(s) the more noticeable it is.

You'd get turbo stall on a stock turbo Supra by removing the BOV and fitting a cone filter.

It's not the wastegate, it's the turbo stalling when the throttle closes, the HKS T51 is known to have a particularly unique sound to it. The bigger the turbo(s) the more noticeable it is.

You'd get turbo stall on a stock turbo Supra by removing the BOV and fitting a cone filter.

ive already got a cone filter (blitz) and ive got the standard BOV, will i just have to remove that? i like the sound it makes

It does look a nice buy, although i dont like how they suggest everything is "brand new" in the advert when the video on youtube was uploaded in feb 2009, 2 years of me driving that car it would be far from brand new:d

i just looked at your garage, i saw your car in a jap car mag.. it made me fall in love with the supra and buy one. Random information :)

It does look a nice buy, although i dont like how they suggest everything is "brand new" in the advert when the video on youtube was uploaded in feb 2009, 2 years of me driving that car it would be far from brand new:d

You sure do push these lumps to their limits JP :D

And to the OP congrats - :thumbs:

its had a refresh since the vid mate, any car of this type is a gamble but id rather uk built than built abroad with no history, i have traced this car and it all seems good. the hks 3.4 stroker kit is what clinched it for me i think :)

just gotta check it over when i get there but if all is as described the deal is already done :)