The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cleaning off Oil, whats the best/easiest thing to use

DodgyRog

I want to clean off some oil on the engine block.

Where it is makes it pretty much impossible to scrub it off, is there a chemical option that actually works without having to scrub it

I obviously don't want to aimlessly jetwash it off, as I dont want to risk water getting into the electrics

Any help would be good on this, as it's one of the few things I have left to do before selling it

Steam cleaner with lots of Truck Clean (detergent) in the mix. People worry too much about getting electrics wet :)

I should be able to direct it to an extent, it was a leak from the rear of the Cam cover gaskets, so if I am carefull I should be able to stop any damp getting near the plugs

Hmm, not sure about getting oil off the engine block, but i did hear something about coca-cola being a great way of getting rid of oil.....

When I was cleaning the interior I found a few coins and they were filthy, droped them in Diet Coke for about 15 mins and they came out like new

Quite scary when you consider we drink the stuff

wd-40?

Seems to get everything else off :)

That would proberbly do if I could get my hand in ther to give it a scrub

gunk foam is really good if you put it on a cold engine leave it for about 20 mins and then wash off with warm water....note not jest wash just warm water will do it fine.

I think I might have some at the back of a cupboard, so will try that

Coca-Cola has never been the same since they took the cocaine out, IMHO.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/cocaine.asp

Funny you saying that, I was watching something recently and that was refered to, o the good old days

truck wash not diluted with a brush

Can't get a brush down there mate, it's mainly down the back onto the gearbox