The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra n/a v skyline gts

wewsupra

I have a mate who owns a supra n/a auto 1995,and i have a mate who owns a

skyline gts 2.5 r33 turbo,

My mate who owns the skyline is always bragging about his power ect and that he has a turbo and my other mate has a n/a supra.

Well the other day they agreed to race on private land at local track,

straight line well guess what :p the n/a supra auto took the skyline down twice in front of few mates :p:p My mate who owns skyline said he could not grip and was coming out with loads of crap lol

He has now challenged him at santa pod this weekend lol

is there standard bhp the same or is the skyline a bad driver ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they are 220bhp and 250bhp stock. And 298 and 319 nm torque. So close. If he is striggleing for grip with stock power he has a geo/tyre issue. Lol

Is it modified? It would be very close at stock levels I would imagine.

At the strip it's down to driver skill and experience. The car isn't the only factor

You should tell him to stop bragging and if his a real man go against a single turbo supra.

Seeing as he has 1 turbo, it should make it fair :D

Remeber the auto will be quicker than the manual in the straight line.

My mate with skyline is always tacking micky out of my supra n/a mate , so i was happy when supra n/a beat him.lol errm twice ;lol

Well they are 220bhp and 250bhp stock. And 298 and 319 nm torque. So close. If he is striggleing for grip with stock power he has a geo/tyre issue. Lol

Is it modified? It would be very close at stock levels I would imagine.

At the strip it's down to driver skill and experience. The car isn't the only factor

your spot on mate it was very close ,supra n/a auto had beter pull of as well

and both cars only have induction kit on them and s/s exhaust so not modified much at all .

You should tell him to stop bragging and if his a real man go against a single turbo supra.

Seeing as he has 1 turbo, it should make it fair :D

Remeber the auto will be quicker than the manual in the straight line.

and while your at it, tell him to man up and sell the poofy GTS for the real thing.

Go GTR or go home :D

An R33 is roughly 25hp more and around 100kgs less according to a quick search, i cant see it being a win to the supra unless the other guy cant drive, BUT make sure you get vids for proof just incase ;)

i never got video but next time ill try lol only 25 bhp more

wow so skyline might have lost a bit of power :p

It's quite trick to be honest, but a tidy R33 GTS-t should be no more than £2K. Mine has an all steel RB26 engine and a trick gearbox, plus very special suspension, but it's MOT'd and has full trim, heating et cetera. Going to rebuild most of the trick stuff into a new GTR shell I found. It's about 580 BHP at the moment but could run more on decent fuel.

IrfanView HTML-RB26 Race Engine

IrfanView HTML-RB26 Finished

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/114647-new-gearbox-almost-certainly-unique-skyline.html

The stock RB25 engine is still an excellent unit. Given a cheapish Power FC ECU, bigger injectors and fuel pump, and a thick head gasket to drop the compression you can nail on a hybrid turbo and get good reliable power. The stock gearbox is quite stout, the diff is very tough, and there are a myriad of tuning bits available, new and used. I got a bit carried away with mine as I like making unique bits :)