The mkiv Supra Owners Club

idle problem what parts should I change?

Parry_10

recently ive got an idle problem the idle was higher when the engine was hot than when it was cold- 1100rpm when cold- 1300rpm when hot

took off the icv cleaned it up twisted it to its furthest position and put it back together and reset the ecu. (the icv wasnt sticky it was twisting fine and is perfectly clean now)

started the car up really low and lumpy idle then when it got upto temperature the idle was perfect- 800rpm

Then started it up this morning really low idle 400rpm and was struggling not to stall then I came to a junction and it stalled- when the engine got upto temperature it was now idling just above 1000rpm and not 800rpm like yesterday.

I would of thought that since taking the icv off and apart as it has changed what the idle is doing then the icv is the problem and I should replace it but it wasnt sticky and it looked fine after I cleaned it and put it back on.... before I try and find a new icv I wanted to know if there was any other parts that could cause this problem

thanks

• 2 months later...