The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I crashed my supra TT6 today

richarde7927

Well i had to pop out of work at dinner and go to my unit and on the way back i crashed the supra :(

I put some shit tyres (new but cheap) on at xmas as like most people a had not got the cash to hand for a good set .I have known they were crap from the second i put them on the car and i have been saying for weeks those tyres are going to kill me and today the had a good go :blink:. Came off round about on a straight piece of road but my foot down in 3rd and it light the tyres up and off the road i went into a wall , i also damaged the 2 n/s wheels (can be repaired ) :(

So if anyone has:

1.n/s/ headlamp (jspec plastic)

2.Bonnet (Got one)

3.Complete front bumper (got one)

4.Ali crash bar + foam (got one)

5.front bumper clips and fixings (got these)

Im in the market for buying any of the above .

Rich :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Edited by richarde7927 (see edit history)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill have a look tomorrow mate the car is at work i could not bring it home , they were cheap £160 for the pair ,i have learned my lesson now , never again will i get cheap tyres . Im so upset at the min im , I have not spoken to anyone since i did it apart from posting on forums to start getting the parts sorted out to fix her up . Rich.

Oh man, sorry to see that :(

I think Falken 452s are as "cheap" as I'll go on mine, but will more than likely stick with the Goodyear F1s as they seem pretty good so far.

Hope you get it all sorted.

Nothing wrong with Falkens josh

Yep Falkens are very good, I had a set on the front put on.

Sorry to hear about the accident, but a lesson learned. We go on about importance of tyres quite a bit on this forum & this is the reason why. Hope you get it sorted easily.

Yeah I noticed cheap tyres even new has slightly worse grip. I just got pair of new rears for my RX8 was cheap Eastern european brand and even in the dry it handled funny compared to the worn Vrederstein that was on it.

The cheap tyre looked the part and had all the A ratings but if you push the car hard you'll notice the diff.

Keep yer chin up Rich...... try keron to get some bits and if you need anything big picking up let me know.......

Yeah I noticed cheap tyres even new has slightly worse grip. I just got pair of new rears for my RX8 was cheap Eastern european brand and even in the dry it handled funny compared to the worn Vrederstein that was on it.

The cheap tyre looked the part and had all the A ratings but if you push the car hard you'll notice the diff.

40k + cars were not designed to run on budget tyres...

I think Falken 452s are as "cheap" as I'll go on mine, but will more than likely stick with the Goodyear F1s as they seem pretty good so far.

Nothing wrong with Falkens josh, My 452's are brilliant on my supra. It is only an n/a but I know a member that had them on his last single, running 650 bhp and he thought they were good enough.

Nothing wrong with Falkens josh, My 452's are brilliant on my supra. It is only an n/a but I know a member that had them on his last single, running 650 bhp and he thought they were good enough.

Oh ok cool, thanks :)

I thought I'd seen people say "they're as cheap as I'd go on the Supra" so I assumed they were just "ok".

Thanks people.

Sorry to hear this mate' date=' as Scotty said, give me a shout if you need anything picking up, also have a silver bumper (needs spraying around the passenger headlight) and side attachment bars if you need (not touting, their there to help you if you need)[/quote']

Cheers mate i have found a bonnet and bumper in hull , is that something you could pick up for me or you scotty . Rich.

I've had Falkens on lots of sports cars and recomended friends to them, they're great IMO!