The mkiv Supra Owners Club

From J-spec to UK Glass

SupraMan Mk4

Hi guys, looking for some advice -

As title suggests I am looking at going from Prefacelift plastic J-spec headlights to UK Glass.

From what I can gather a fair few members on here have done this so what I am looking to find out is - Are these just a straight swap or is there a little more involved in this? i.e loom etc?

All help appreciated.

Paul

Hi guys, looking for some advice -

As title suggests I am looking at going from Prefacelift plastic J-spec headlights to UK Glass.

From what I can gather a fair few members on here have done this so what I am looking to find out is - Are these just a straight swap or is there a little more involved in this? i.e loom etc?

All help appreciated.

Paul

yes its a straight swap except the bulbs will need changed to UK bulbs.

iirc you can modify uk bulbs to fit jspec but not the other way round.

i swapped mine straight over, didn't change the bulbs, only thing i did was put HID's in. Took me about 30mins

That is what I have done currently. Ah thats great news, so no need to fiddle with any wiring, just buy a new set of bulbs? I assume these are 9006/HB4 for dipped and 9005/HB3 for high?

i swapped mine straight over, didn't change the bulbs, only thing i did was put HID's in. Took me about 30mins

maybe your right.... i've had 5 different sets of headlights on the car... you'd think i'd know for sure! lol

i did have to modify my UK HID bulbs to fit jspec facelifts but it might be fine the other way round.

The J-spec bulbs will fit UK spec glass headlights but the low beam bulbs may not seal properly as the body of the bulb is 2mm narrower than they should be.

To ensure the bulbs seal properly I would fit new 9006/HB4 bulbs in the low beam. The high beam, fog lights and side light bulbs will be a straight swap.

The J-spec bulbs will fit UK spec glass headlights but the low beam bulbs may not seal properly as the body of the bulb is 2mm narrower than they should be.

To ensure the bulbs seal properly I would fit new 9006/HB4 bulbs in the low beam. The high beam, fog lights and side light bulbs will be a straight swap.

Thanks Nic :thumbs: