The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello.

al02uk

Hi everyone,

I've finally picked up my first Supra today :)

To be honest i was looking for a scruffy car to tidy up and use as a weekend toy, but this has almost perfect bodywork.

Here is my other weekend toy.........no booing

I dont have a great deal left to do on the Subaru, so I am really looking forward to starting again with the Supra.

Nice to meet you all

Andy

Thanks for the nice comments Gents.

The spec is totally standard as far as the engine goes, it is extremely clean.

There are some sort of coilovers on it, I'll have a better look at them tomorrow, and an exhaust that is so loud that it puts the Subaru to shame!

I found Paul @ Whifbitz detals on here, so I paid him a visit today. I bought a set of glass headlights, facelift rear lights and some HKS brake hoses.

The next step is to completely strip the interior and give everything a good clean. I've bought some black dye for the carpet, and am going to paint the dash trim silver.

I've also had some taylored leather seat covers made to replace the cloth fronts and leather rear. The seats will then be black with silver stitching on the outside and the "Supra" logo embroidered on the fronts.

I was thinking about some sort of bodykit, but I'm starting to really like the standard look.

As far as the engine is concerned, I wasn't going to do anything too wild. I would probably look at either modifying the cylinder head to gain a bit of extra power, or perhaps even look for a V8 to drop in.

I know this may sound a bit stupid, but I cant seem to find any switch blanks (x2) that go underneath the stereo, and the dash tweeters have been removed leaving two holes.

So if anyone can shed any light on where I could find these, it would be much appreciated.

Andy :)

Edited by al02uk (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Right then, been a bit busy over the last couple of weekends.

Been really busy putting the interior back to normal, whoever had it before me removed most of the boot panels. I think he may have had a sound system built into it.

Ive converted all of the lights and dials to blue, dyed the carpet black and painted the dash trim silver.

I havent fitted the top dash trim yet because its still drying, the odo is also blue now:)

I've also had some new seat covers tailored, they should be here in about 2 weeks (black leather with silver stitching).

Chrome rings will be fitted this weekend.

Thats it for the inside i think. On the outside I have fitted new wheels, completely refurbed and painted the brake calipers and fitted new discs and braded hoses. New glass headlights and facelift rear lights have also been fitted.

I'll put some outside pics on this weekend :)

I'm knackered now..............

Andy

Cheers guys,

I've just read a guide for fitting the indicators, doesn't seem too bad. Soldering those LED's for the climate control unit was horrid.

Yes the car is an N/A. Not 100% sure on which way to go with the engine, there is a lot more choice with the Supra.

The car only cost £1200 so even if I do a conversion, I've not done too bad.