The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick question

Guest AndyK

Guest AndyK

My fiend just bought a supra single turbo conversion, he has had it a few days and has jet developed a problem, when you put your foot down and you get to 4000rpm it starts bouncing and won't change gear.. It's really aggressive and makes the whole car shake, we thought it could be a problem with the injectors? Any ideas would be very helpful, thanks very much

Err. Fuel cut? 4000rpm is when the stock 2nd turbo comes on isnt it. Is it running the stock ecu?

Did he buy the car like that or have it fitted by a garage. Fit it himself? Which kit is it. What ecu is it running. What fuel setup. What boost. Need a bit more info :)

Guest AndyK

It's a single turbo auto, standard ecu, power house racing kit with boost set at it's minimum. Until it's getting mapped in a few weeks. Anyways thanks for all your help but we solved it, bloody injector plug had come disconnected. Thanks again for all the help though.

It's a single turbo auto, standard ecu, power house racing kit with boost set at it's minimum. Until it's getting mapped in a few weeks. Anyways thanks for all your help but we solved it, bloody injector plug had come disconnected. Thanks again for all the help though.

I would tell him NOT to drive the car until it has all the supporting mods fitted and the car properly mapped to support the single turbo conversion. Driving it with the stock ECU, stock fueling?? and who knows what other mods could potentially trash the engine.

It needs someone who knows what they are doing to thoroughly go over the car and see what work needs doing to sort it out.

I would tell him NOT to drive the car until it has all the supporting mods fitted and the car properly mapped to support the single turbo conversion. Driving it with the stock ECU, stock fueling?? and who knows what other mods could potentially trash the engine.

It needs someone who knows what they are doing to thoroughly go over the car and see what work needs doing to sort it out.

Yep I definitely wouldn't be taking it up anywhere near 4k rpm if this was the case. Fueling must be way off.

Guest AndyK

Yea, I'm bad at describing the problem I don't really know anything to be honest. He is well clued up to be fair he is hopefully getting the car mapped this week because he wNts to run it at Santa pod on Saturday. He is also after bigger injectors and then another map. He has a greedy emanage ecu for it just needs fitting and mapping..