The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi

Guest Nova_SR

Guest Nova_SR

I think the username gives away the fact I don't own a Supra BUT I love them, always have and want one (although looking at the prices it could be a while before I own one) so I'll be browsing to learn about Supra's and may ask the odd question here and there.

One question I do have is, I see a lot of Supra's have body kits on them, what is and isn't acceptable? Coming from the Nova scene the only body kits that are now accepted properly by proper Nova enthusiasts are GTE/GSi kits :lol:

A little about me, I'm 24 and from Co.Durham, the names Andrew and I have a MK2 Nova SR with a (pitiful) N/A 1.6 16v in it which will be replaced by a modified N/A 1.6 16v with overbore high comp pistons, cams, head work and such delights, when I find some money to put it together, the car isn't on the road yet but is very close to completion :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

To some owners bodykits are the worst thing to fit to a supra and to others its not a big deal.

There are so many kits its pretty much up to whatever floats your boat.

I personally love the stock look and the kitted look.

Some kits are awfull though but im not going to say which i hate other than im not a big fan of Veilside kits ;)

TRD on the other hand looks better than stock in my opinion :) especially with big 3 piece split rims fitted :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Guest Nova_SR

I think most if not all Supra's I've ever seen had some kind of kit on them so I'm never quite sure when I see a standard looking Supra.

Guest Nova_SR

Nevins, I've just clicked on yours and DNK's "View my Supra" nice cars and I cant decide if I like them more with or without a spoiler lol.

Ian, I'll post a couple of pics, its nothing spectacular though and is breeze blue.

Thanks Josh, I'll have a quick look :)

Guest Nova_SR

This is how I got it.

Not bad mileage for an 18 year old car

Tuning bits

.5mm overbore

Probably tiny compared to what you lot are used to, 79.5mm

Steel rods

These inlet manifolds are a god send for the Corsa/Tigra 1.6 16v engines, unleashes a few BHP as the standard inlet system is very restrictive

Smoothing the engine bay

Smoothed (slam panel is missing in this pic)

Power plant lol

Nevins, I've just clicked on yours and DNK's "View my Supra" nice cars and I cant decide if I like them more with or without a spoiler lol.

Ian, I'll post a couple of pics, its nothing spectacular though and is breeze blue.

:thumbs:

My car has a Replica TRD widebody kit on it and im also undecided as whether it looks

better with or without the wing (spoiler)

Nice job on the engine bay but i hope you've cleaned up that engine a bit :D

Guest Nova_SR
:thumbs:

My car has a Replica TRD widebody kit on it and im also undecided as whether it looks

better with or without the wing (spoiler)

Nice job on the engine bay but i hope you've cleaned up that engine a bit :D

That pic of yours taken from behind while driving up the duel carriage way/motorway looks good, but so does the one taken from the front side with no wing lol does it handle better with the wing on? I know the point of them is to create more down force to the rear wheels which is a good thing on a RWD car, but can you feel the difference without one?

Thanks too, I'm proud of the engine bay haha, engine hasn't been cleaned yet as I'm more focused on getting the car on the road for next month, I hate buses and have to rely on them at the minute and arriva may be taking some off which will leave me stuck when I finish work :(

Welcome bud.

I used to Own a Nova SRI back in the day, :D Loved that wee car great for chucking about.

There is many kits for the supra as said above, some people will hate kits, some will love them. At the End of the day, its your car when you get one, so its upto you what you do with it? :D

As for the Nova, great little build going on. But if i was you id save all my cash for a supra, running costs and maintenance is going to be alot higher. :D

The wing definitely makes a differance but im not sure by how much, its only creating noticable downforce at fairly high speeds (100+ mph) so under normal driving you wouldnt tell if it was on or not.

Well i hope once its all sorted you'll spend time cleaning it up as it spoils what could be a nice bay

Guest Nova_SR
Welcome bud.

I used to Own a Nova SRI back in the day, :D Loved that wee car great for chucking about.

There is many kits for the supra as said above, some people will hate kits, some will love them. At the End of the day, its your car when you get one, so its upto you what you do with it? :D

As for the Nova, great little build going on. But if i was you id save all my cash for a supra, running costs and maintenance is going to be alot higher. :D

Lol I only work part time at the minute and its been hard enough doing my current project never mind saving up for a decent Supra, it seems all the decent specced turbo ones are similar prices to a brand new average everyday shopping car lol I will own one, one day. I think I'd prefer a modest kit though after looking at a few pics.

The wing definitely makes a differance but im not sure by how much, its only creating noticable downforce at fairly high speeds (100+ mph) so under normal driving you wouldnt tell if it was on or not.

Well i hope once its all sorted you'll spend time cleaning it up as it spoils what could be a nice bay

Yeah I thought it wouldn't make much difference pottering around, without the wing it looks clean and smooth, with it, it looks more aggressive and race car like.

I'll definitely spend time cleaning the engine up, may even paint the cam cover black at some point as its the two colours I've gone for and I think the black looks good on blue.

Lol I only work part time at the minute and its been hard enough doing my current project never mind saving up for a decent Supra, it seems all the decent specced turbo ones are similar prices to a brand new average everyday shopping car lol I will own one, one day. I think I'd prefer a modest kit though after looking at a few pics.

Yeah I thought it wouldn't make much difference pottering around, without the wing it looks clean and smooth, with it, it looks more aggressive and race car like.

I'll definitely spend time cleaning the engine up, may even paint the cam cover black at some point as its the two colours I've gone for and I think the black looks good on blue.

Have a look at an automatic TT, you can get a decent one for £5-6k ;)

Welcome to the club, you will enjoy it here, great bunch of people. :)

The Supra NA's are going for incrediblely low prices, you could pick up a good example for -£3k.

Loads of knowledge on this forum for you to digest. :)

Guest Nova_SR
Funnily enough i agree with the black and blue theme :)

What about getting the parts powder coated ?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes the bay then lol I may get a few parts powder coated in the future, I just need to get this on the road for now and if I can afford another car when I find a better job, I'll leave this as a weekend toy and spend some decent money on it.

Have a look at an automatic TT, you can get a decent one for £5-6k ;)

Not sure about auto cars, kinda takes the fun out of driving in my opinion, although I suppose it gives you one less thing to worry about when hoofing it round a track, I'll keep that in mind.

Welcome to the club, you will enjoy it here, great bunch of people. :)

The Supra NA's are going for incrediblely low prices, you could pick up a good example for -£3k.

Loads of knowledge on this forum for you to digest. :)

What kind of power are the N/A's putting out? On the Nova forum someone said a friend of theirs had an N/A Supra but soon sold it as he was being overtaken and left behind by 1.6 16v Saxo's.

The auto 'box is supposed to be really good. I went for a manual for the same reasons as you've just stated, it's more fun and involved.

No supposed about it, the autobox is a very good box and you can have plenty of fun with one, even on track :)

you got that right mate. I love the fact that there are people out there that think passing a car when its just driving means that they were racing.

Haha, I was making a funny due to you saying "a mate got blown by a Saxo in his NA".

My funny failed :D