The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Mods

sideexitsupra

Thought I would share my first few mods and don't really think it warrants going in the Projects Cars section quite yet!!!

First job was to remove the black plastic "gills" either side of the number plate. Much cleaner look in my opinion.

Next up was a rummage through SteveL's garage which turned up a Toyota Logo that looks nice on the front.

Finally for now is the installation of the Whifbitz Airbag delete boss and a lovely suede trimmed OMP wheel. Allegedly used once on a show car but almost like new with only 2 small marks. Ebay special if you are interested!

Next up will be fitting the new door mirror on the drivers side, new right hand dash panel, sorting out the front towing hook and getting the cage ordered!

Couple of pics below. (If I have managed to work out how to add them! lol)

IMG-20110322-00020.jpg

IMG-20110322-00019.jpg

IMG-20110322-00018.jpg

Edited by sideexitsupra (see edit history)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would share my first few mods and don't really think it warrants going in the Projects Cars section quite yet!!!

First job was to remove the black plastic "gills" either side of the number plate. Much cleaner look in my opinion.

Next up was a rummage through SteveL's garage which turned up a Toyota Logo that looks nice on the front.

Finally for now is the installation of the Whifbitz Airbag delete boss and a lovely suade trimmed OMP wheel. Allegedly used once on a show car but almost like new with only 2 small marks. Ebay special if you are interested!

Next up will be fitting the new door mirror on the drivers side, new right hand dash panel, sorting out the front towing hook and getting the cage ordered!

Couple of pics below. (If I have managed to work out how to add them! lol)

Nope you didnt :p

Good start with the car :)

• 2 weeks later...

Have decided to replace the Super Dragger with the twin box Whifbitz exhaust from SteveL's race car (one careful owner?????) Was thinking about getting Paul to make me a twin side exit system similar to the new one on SteveLs car but think it is a step too far at the moment. Need to get a bit more power first!!!! These look like they will be a very good price but you will have to talk to Paul about that.

Front towing eye has arrived and just need to get the mesh grill trimmed and it welded on.

Waiting for some cage prices so I can get rolling with that. Once these mods are done I think a track day will be in order

Next up will be FMIC and radiator expansion tank.

Did someone mention that Supras were money pits? Can't think what they meant.

Have decided to replace the Super Dragger with the twin box Whifbitz exhaust from SteveL's race car (one careful owner?????) Was thinking about getting Paul to make me a twin side exit system similar to the new one on SteveLs car but think it is a step too far at the moment. Need to get a bit more power first!!!! These look like they will be a very good price but you will have to talk to Paul about that.

Front towing eye has arrived and just need to get the mesh grill trimmed and it welded on.

Waiting for some cage prices so I can get rolling with that. Once these mods are done I think a track day will be in order

Next up will be FMIC and radiator expansion tank.

Did someone mention that Supras were money pits? Can't think what they meant.

I'd be interested in buying the Superdragger if you're selling it :)

big time money pitts and relationship destroyers...... i love it

i had issues last night about this with my woman! tried justifying buying a camera for missions around the country and she moaned i couldnt relate it to `us` lol! never had any issues when I had a celica wonder why they get so jealous :p

Thanks for the comments guys.

Done some more bits and pieces.

Ordered the expansion tank so the FMIC can be sorted.[GRIN][/GRIN]

Looks like I may be going with the twin side exit after all. Guinnae (?) pig time for me then.:rolleyes:

Rear hatch tint film was delaminating so peeled it off. Now will spend the next two months with a cloth and white spirit getting all the glue off.[ANGRY][/ANGRY] Should have left it alone.

Looks like one of the front Tein springs is sagging a little. Unfortunately the KYB shocks do not have ride height adjustment so it looks like a set of coilovers needs to be added to the list.:(

Whiffin you will be my downfall!:p

Jurgen - hear what you are saying about the carpet, it would look better in black but I am trying to get the function right before the beautification begins.

Chris - Thanks, I really like the wheel and the improvement in feedback is incredible! Just need to get a removable boss adaptor now. Thanks for your comments about the mods. Its nice to get that sort of recognition from one of the sites luminaries!!!

J_JZA80 - Super Dragger put up for sale yesterday and gone already. Sorry.

Yes the wife is definately the awkward part of this equation. I did say to her before I bought it wasn't it better to have an automotive mistress for my mid life crisis rather than a real one. She's not even been in it yet.

Next mods now pending.

Ordered an expansion tank for behind the headlight from John D on here.

Picked up a Front Mount IC from Peter P yesterday at Silverstone.

Got something special lined up with Mr Whiffin for the 28th that should make the car very, very different.

Just need to find a mobile welder who can attach my front towing eye whilst I have the bumper off to fit the IC.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on the latest bits and pieces done.

In the end I bolted on the towing eye rather than welding it.

Investigated poor sound from the rear speakers and the outer portion of both speakers had completely fallen apart. Replaced these with some Halfrauds cheapies so at least have some sounds for longer trips.

Next up I removed the rear wiper as I do not intend using the car if it's wet.

Removed the tinting from the rear screen a few weeks ago as it was starting to flake. Unless I can get all the adhesive off the rear screen after removing the tint film I may get a plastic window fitted, in which case the wiper would have to go anyway. Fitted a rubber grommet and sealed it with silicone.

I then turned my attention to the rear seats and seat belts. All now removed and sourced some carpet from eBay that should be coming in a few days to cover the bare metal left behind.

Sure it's going to be fun getting the carpet right!

Will get some pics up tomorrow.

Mark, it will be a track biased car but still suitable for street use. No point in lugging round the rear seats when they can't be used.

Not sure if the wheel is genuine OMP but feels nice. If you get sweaty palms you might find they have gone a little black tinted!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the 12th was yesterday and I took the Supe to be measured and trimmed and the pattern for the new exhaust was made.

Similar to the one SteveL has put on his race car but exiting lower with a 2.5 inch pipe instead of a 2 inch.

Just need to wait for the first one to be manufactured now and then it will be on.

Will probably be 3-4 weeks as I have a holiday coming up.

Big thanks the Paul at Whifbitz for his help with this as it is his exhaust manufacturer who is making it. Guess you may see it on his website soon!

If you ask about price I will direct you to Paul as he will be source if anyone wants one.

5ac636f6-9ce3-cb7d.jpg

5ac636f6-9d1e-6a50.jpg

5ac636f6-9d07-2262.jpg

Edited by sideexitsupra (see edit history)