The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tein Front Strut Bar

SamuraiFlash

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a Tein front strut bar off Keron, I thought I'd get my lazy ass outside and get this fitted to the car.

Fitted it with no hassles only to realise my J-spec bloody bonnet wont shut :wtf:

Are there any member's on here with this strust bar on who can help me get this to fit underneath my J-spec bonnet :help:

Thank you.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/smsimg/645/9399-9443-full-oval-tein-performance-bar-strut-brace-645.jpg

I know some strut bars/braces are different for either UK and J-spec Supras or it might be TT and NA. Not sure about the one you have..

There are some brands that do different braces to fit the NA and TT - the NA needs more clearance for the intake plenum.

Tein only do one type of front brace for the Supra which should fit a TT Supra without touching the underside of the bonnet even with the blanket in place.

You have a standard bonnet, not aftermarket? Can you post up some pics?

How odd... your chassis legs are not twisted are they?

I know that my car was involved in an accident to the front drivers side sometime in it's life, so this could be the reason

There are some brands that do different braces to fit the NA and TT - the NA needs more clearance for the intake plenum.

Tein only do one type of front brace for the Supra which should fit a TT Supra without touching the underside of the bonnet even with the blanket in place.

You have a standard bonnet, not aftermarket? Can you post up some pics?

Hi Nic, I have a standard Jspec bonnet, thanks for the info and I'll post some pics up tomorrow.

Is it fitted the right way round? Some of these have a left and right i think?

Someone more experienced can maybe help?

I'm not sure if there is left and a right mount, they look the same, I may switch them over tomorrow and give that a go.....Thanks :)

Is "Tein" written in black permanent marker? :D

Really need pics to be of any help. :)

Hi Scott, I'll post some pics for you to investigate tomorrow :)