The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power figures

Paul Whiffin

Just got back from Thor, my car made:

811bhp & 642lbft torque on BP ultimate 1.7 bar boost

921bhp & 714lbft torque on high octane fuel 2.2 bar boost

Flywheel figures using 20% drivetrain loss.

Could have gone for some more boost but thought I'd better leave it at that, dont want to blow it apart before the weekend! Midrange power gains with the high octane fuel is huge. Full boost by 4400rpm, peak torque kicks in at 4700rpm, fantastic power band, response and driveable.

All prepared by myself, mapped by Pat the mapper!

I'm off to think of what I can do to it next!

Originally posted by Paul Whiffin

Thanks. Yep, I was trying to get some inside info on his car today, sounds like a bit of a beast that one. I'm not personally going there to win, just wanna give my car some serious abuse, think I might trailer it up this year.

Did you go pod on Saturday in the end?

Yes Paul i braved the 35,000 !!!!! pill heads and came to the conclusion that N2O and a big single = no traction, it lit the tyres for at least 1/3 of the track !!!!! i need a progressive controller, you didnt miss anything the organisation was terrible , but Leon ran a 10.90 so it must be your turn next , it would be great to see 3 or 4 of us turn in 10 sec 1/4's and see the faces of the liner boys and a couple of evo's !!!! :)

Dude:flame Dev

Looking forward to having a look round that at TOTB , im counting myself out of being a front runner as i really need some decent engine management but i'll go up and give it my best shot , by next year ill have the ECU and built Motor and a big hit of N2O , like you say Paul its all about going up and competeing and enjoying the day , if people knew what this costs they wouldnt even start down the slippery slope , see you next weekend :thumbs:

Originally posted by slowboy

dude have a nos prog controller in stock if you need one alex crd

Thanks dude , will have a chat at TOTB , where are you staying the night before ????? were all in the Ramada at York .