The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front brake disc won't budge

jackso11

I think there are some threaded holes, is there a tool to wind in there? or just some old bolts?

You got it, just old bolts, the discs will fall into your lap and very little effort with no danger of harming them with a hammer, even if it is a rubber one:)

Stop fannying around and get a gas cutting torch on them, bit of heat always works for me

followed by hitting it with a 4lb sledge hammer or bigger if req :D

PS: try not to cut through the brake lines or anything else you might think is important, oh and if your wearing trainers or slippers watch the hot disc doesnt land on your toes ;)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Ok, so I have been pounding it as hard as a can with full 180 Degree swings of a long handle sledge hammer. Its not come of yet and it looks very bent. I will hit is straight again when I get it off and it should be fine.

Back to the hammering, had a rest because I was too tired to lift the hammer again.

Ok, so I have been pounding it as hard as a can with full 180 Degree swings of a long handle sledge hammer. Its not come of yet and it looks very bent. I will hit is straight again when I get it off and it should be fine.

You have hit the disc so that it is bent, once off you want to straighten it and put it back on, please tell me I read that wrong :lol:

Back to the hammering, had a rest because I was too tired to lift the hammer again.

You seriously scare me. You need spoon fed with everything you do, then you don't take any of the advice given during said spoon feeding, then you plan on putting bent discs back onto your car after straightening them up with a hammer?

Seriously?

For your own safety and for the safety of those around you please just take your car to someone with half a clue about what they are doing.

LOL- "move away from the tool box, now" "yes you in the Garage,move away from the tool box"

You seriously scare me. You need spoon fed with everything you do, then you don't take any of the advice given during said spoon feeding, then you plan on putting bent discs back onto your car after straightening them up with a hammer?

Seriously?

For your own safety and for the safety of those around you please just take your car to someone with half a clue about what they are doing.

Er......no, not seriously, it was a joke. You think I seriously hit a brake disk with a sledge hammer until it was bent out of shape.....then plan on straightening it and putting it back on?

:think:

I asked how to get a stuck disc off, answer = bolts in the threaded holes. There rest of this thread seems like a laugh to me. Blowtorch? angle grinder? surely you picked up on those jokes scott? :D

Er......no, not seriously, it was a joke. You think I seriously hit a brake disk with a sledge hammer until it was bent out of shape.....then plan on straightening it and putting it back on?

:think:

I asked how to get a stuck disc off, answer = bolts in the threaded holes. There rest of this thread seems like a laugh to me. Blowtorch? angle grinder? surely you picked up on those jokes scott? :D

Phhhewwwwwww.

I honestly didn't, I wasn't sure just how mental you actually were :D ;)

Is it off now then? I'm surprised you are having so much hassle on the fronts, the rears are much more difficult.