The mkiv Supra Owners Club

high idle issue

Parry_10

hi guys iim no expert but have you guys had alook at your butterflys in the throttle? just as im sure i heard somewhere that they get a build up with crap over the years and become abit sicky! so i might be worth a quick check and a clean with abit carb cleaner! also check vacume all tho i think i leak my lower revs not raise them but like i said im no expert! hope this was some help to yous!

and i hope you guys find out the problem! as there is nowt worse than a fault you just cant pin point! :thumbs:

just noticed i must of knocked the pipe off at the back of the inlet manifold put it back in and its back to how it was idling at around 1200-1300rpm, so cleaning the icv and resetting the battery has made no difference also I have just fitted a new o2 sensor I am getting fuel cut at 5000rpm now and it must be because of the high idle as when I got my car dynoed by ryan it was fine he set up the fcd and it didnt hit fuel cut at all

Throttle butterfly, check all the vac lines on the inlet for air leaks as well

Already been over all my vac lines....

This was my problem http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?240395-Whats-this-(with-picture) reconnected it and its sorted now.

check yours is still connected, (the rod)

Pretty sure I checked this other day and it was good but now you have me thinking lol...

just noticed i must of knocked the pipe off at the back of the inlet manifold put it back in and its back to how it was idling at around 1200-1300rpm, so cleaning the icv and resetting the battery has made no difference also I have just fitted a new o2 sensor I am getting fuel cut at 5000rpm now and it must be because of the high idle as when I got my car dynoed by ryan it was fine he set up the fcd and it didnt hit fuel cut at all

So you fitted a new O2 sensor and since then you're getting fuel cut ? Why do you say this has to be from the high idle then ? Have you maybe tried swapping back to your original O2 sensor in case the new is duff........meister :D