The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best place to shop for Jade R`s

Lacoste82

Evening! Ive been wanting some 19" jade R`s for some time now, and the time has come to order.:)

Id like them in 19", 8,5" front, and 10" rear, with 235/35/19 and 265/30/19(maybe 275, not sure?) But what offset am i looking at?

Also, wheres the best place to order, need some that ships to mainland EU(but dont mind the last part, ill tjeck which ever is recommended!):)

Ive been in contact with wheelbasealloys.com, but ive also found the rims at performancealloys.com, topgear.co.uk and wheels.uk.com.

As I havent dealt with any of them before, I really do not have a clue if I should just go by the price, or if one dealer is to prefure before another?

Thx alot!

Regards Sebb

Ebays the cheapest mate, loads of companies sell them on there, just put in jade r's supra ;-)

I would go with 275 or 285 rears my offsets are 38's and I have 3mm spacers on the fronts and I'm slammed as low as my teins will go without rolled arches!

My fronts catch in full lock but that's the joys of 19's afraid, rides really nice thought!

Check out my garage for tyre sizes and wheels mate.

Great, thx! I can see that one ebay seller, is actually wheelbasealloys.com, it seems like the obvious choice then!

Wallis: when viewing your garage, your jade r`s are listed as 18" rear and front 19", how come you choose smaller rims at the rear?

As stated, im going for 19" front and rear, and 275 tires rear. However, spacers a illegal here in DK, so ill have to choose the right offset to begind with, ive recently bought an adjustable suspension kit, just BS instead of Tein, so i will be able to adjust accordingly - But that be said, im still kinda clueless as to ecxatly what offspec ill i should go for? And i take it, given the 1,5" difference from front to rear in rim width, that the offspec is different front and rear?

RobD: Do you by any chance, recall what size tires your using and your offset? I take it yours is 10" rear and 8,5" front?

I was using 235/35r19 fronts and 265/30r19 rears, the offsets on the alloys on eBay are the correct or near as you can get for the supra, I paid for them, they got delivered, I bolted on :D

Just make sure you buy the ones for a MKIV supra as they're starting to sell them for MK3's now aswell :)

Great, thx! I can see that one ebay seller, is actually wheelbasealloys.com, it seems like the obvious choice then!

Wallis: when viewing your garage, your jade r`s are listed as 18" rear and front 19", how come you choose smaller rims at the rear?

As stated, im going for 19" front and rear, and 275 tires rear. However, spacers a illegal here in DK, so ill have to choose the right offset to begind with, ive recently bought an adjustable suspension kit, just BS instead of Tein, so i will be able to adjust accordingly - But that be said, im still kinda clueless as to ecxatly what offspec ill i should go for? And i take it, given the 1,5" difference from front to rear in rim width, that the offspec is different front and rear?

RobD: Do you by any chance, recall what size tires your using and your offset? I take it yours is 10" rear and 8,5" front?

Thats a typo im affraid....lol

Im running 19's on the rear as well just typed it wrong!

38 is the min offset u can get for the supra in 19's for jade r's which will fit on fine with the rears and as low as u can go with stock un-rolled arches.

Im running 10.5 rears i think with a 38 offset falken 452's which are 275 30 19's, theres one hell of a stretch on the tyre walls though, me and ellis which both have the same wheels are thinking about getting 285 30 19's for the rears as i think they would just fit under the arches.

Now on the fronts (8.5") i also have 38 offsets but use a 3mm spacer to bring the wheel further out slightly in the arch, they do catch on full lock on the under wheel arch trims, i have falkens 452's size 235 35 19's fitted.

Ellis fitted his without the spacers (38 off sets) and his wheels looked really set back under the wings compared to my wheels, im thinking a 41 offset on the fronts would make them the same as my set up but with out the spacers.

Im sure if u speak too who ever u buy your wheels from and explain the set up they will confirm what im saying mate.

If i was going to buy some more wheels i would go with 8.5" and a 41 off sets on the fronts with jade r's and 38's on the rears if u have stock arches ;-)

Hope that helps mate and all the best with the new wheels, i love jade r's on supras good choice!

Edited by wallis (see edit history)

Perfect! Thx to both of you!

Wallis: Your 8,5" front, fit perfectly with a 3mm spacer, which moves the rim/tire, closer to the edge of the arche, if im to do that only by adjusting the offset, shouldnt i be going for a lower offset? It would be an adjustment by 3 ofcourse, but the offset would be 35 i think, instead of 41 - When the number decreases, the rim is moved outwards i think? Not being smart here btw hehe, caus im really not sure either! :0)

Perfect! Thx to both of you!

Wallis: Your 8,5" front, fit perfectly with a 3mm spacer, which moves the rim/tire, closer to the edge of the arche, if im to do that only by adjusting the offset, shouldnt i be going for a lower offset? It would be an adjustment by 3 ofcourse, but the offset would be 35 i think, instead of 41 - When the number decreases, the rim is moved outwards i think? Not being smart here btw hehe, caus im really not sure either! :0)

Good question mate, maybe im wrong....lol

But which ever way it goes my point is still valid, a 35 or 41 offset is what u would need, if im wrong then a 3mm spacer would be needed with a 38 offset to get the fronts right.

Sorry once again, i though the offset was to bring the wheel further out from the hub.