The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jza80-gtze

David P

I don't have m.s. paint, or any other program that converts from BMP to JPG, but if no-one can be arsed, so be it.

I am quite content with my 2JZA80-GZE, yet I misguidedly assumed that there would be interest in a 2JZA80-GTZE, (big single turbocharged and supercharged) (twincharged) Supra.

Maybe it's too prototypical, or not many understand the engine codes. :shrug:

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Yes, that's what I have been looking for, I was curious to learn what charger it was, I will go and study the thread.

Thank you :thumbs: maybe your not such a --@- after all. ;)

I have been looking into the fit of the 1G-GZE supercharger onto the 2JZA80-GTE engine.

Not that I am planning to do it, I am still busy with my 2JZA80-GZE project, but I just love these scrapyard challenges.

The thread fizzled out!

There are some pics somewhere of it installed in a Supra, I will look there.

Here is a pic of a 1G-GZE supercharged engine and pic 4 off that Google page link, an N/A engine with the 1G-GZE supercharger. (It's in there somewhere?)

One of these would fit just as sweetly onto a T.T. or single set up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=128635&d=1300620258

1G-GZE.jpg

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Adam, stop hiding your proto "Z" under a bushel and post a build thread. :)

Its simply that you cant do D until A B and C are in place , before 2 air providers , 2 coolers ,and 2 bovs , before high boost cooling improvements,oil and water , and gearbox improvements , anti det measures , it all has to compensate

Charger wise I have a nice small twin screw , that will fit nicely , large size of charger is not necessary as its primary function is to provide air to spool a large turbo ...its always the turbo that will provide the large power and air delivery .

Every aspect, has not been done before ,so its not a simple bolt on ,ie , water pump will have a reduced pulley , for example, no one makes these , so Paul W has been asked to get one made ,it takes time...

twin external thermostats, require pipe fabrication , it takes time ,,

no one has run twin coolers , fmic and CC , let alone twin oil coolers staged with rpm control

There are other aspects such as pre compressor water meth with again little data around so , as things start to take shape and data gathered . pics of install can be done and bit by bit some explanation for the reasoning for each modification .

There is a reason for each and every piece to be fitted , mostly detonation control ,but some for air control to stop comp stall for example