The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M.o.T failed

Guest blueangel

Guest blueangel

:(well thought id be different with all the passes going on :(

I failed on emmisions which i was expecting to be honest even thou i thought pre 94 wasnt subject to a cat test and also failed on headlight alignment seems i have left hand drive ones in lol so can sort that by buying new.

How can i lower the emmisions thou guys would cleaning the oxygen sensors help out any or would putting in a first cat lower it enough.

ric

Depends on how much over the limit it was to be honest. You may get away with just replacing the o2 sensor (which you wouldn't need to change back) or alternatively go for the cat (second cat will be easier to put back in surely?)

Mine failed for emissions today as well.:(

I was going to put the 2nd Cat back in, quick fix I thought,

but the bolt rounded off, so Brendan is coming up to cut the bolt off tomorrow, but it means I couldn't get it back to the Mot place before they shut today and they are not open next Saturday. So I guess I will have to take a day off work to take it down

Can you not just put a Cat in for the MOT

my 93 aerotop has no cats and has passed the last mots no problems, if your cars got no cats give it a good run before the test to make sure its warm. Mine went down as a 93 import with no UK car to base the test on, so it went as a non cat test

Guess these would do the job, if moneys not an issue

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAINLESS-STEEL-FERRARI-355-SPORTS-CATS-TOP-QUALITY-/170616290031?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b985faef

Is it not just a case of some major adjustments for the headlights, there is not a pattern on the lense as they are projection light surely

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Guest blueangel

car was warm and ive just taken the o2 sensor out and its black so got it in lemon juice at the minute the car has only had a 4 mile run basically at idel in the last 4 years so could be pretty choked up.

Mine failed for emissions today as well.:(

I was going to put the 2nd Cat back in, quick fix I thought,

but the bolt rounded off, so Brendan is coming up to cut the bolt off tomorrow, but it means I couldn't get it back to the Mot place before they shut today and they are not open next Saturday. So I guess I will have to take a day off work to take it down

Can you not just put a Cat in for the MOT

are you on double decat Rog?

are you on double decat Rog?

Yeah, and it passed on the first idle emission test, but failed on fast idle test and only just apparently. I am still getting good mpg, so don't think the O2 sensors are duff

Not sure if the MOT guy was in a bit of a shitty today as he also pointed out the missing screw on the headlight, I told him I would put a cable tie in it for the re test:rolleyes:

Yeah, and it passed on the first idle emission test, but failed on fast idle test and only just apparently. I am still getting good mpg, so don't think the O2 sensors are duff

Not sure if the MOT guy was in a bit of a shitty today as he also pointed out the missing screw on the headlight, I told him I would put a cable tie in it for the re test:rolleyes:

Doesnt matter to me now but people always said the manifold decat is the best power mod on an N/a, was it massively different?