The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do people think of this Supra?

Guest SW20Turbo

Guest SW20Turbo

Cheap Supra £1990:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2417061.htm

If I'm right in saying that the JZA80 was only avalable in the UK as a Twin Turbo, then this being an NA is an import? either SZ or SZ-R?

Bit concerned that it has a UK rear bumper rather than an import one if this is the case. Not far from me and interested in having a look.

Anyone know the car? Discuss :)

Guest SW20Turbo
It is definately an Import, not sure why you thought it wasn't though

My mistake, thought (just like MR2's the supra had an import rear bumper and a UK equivalent) But a quick search on google and they seem to have the same rear bumper. Thought it was an import, just saw the UK plate on the rear and thought hmmm.

Cheap Supra £1990:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2417061.htm

If I'm right in saying that the JZA80 was only avalable in the UK as a Twin Turbo, then this being an NA is an import? either SZ or SZ-R?

Bit concerned that it has a UK rear bumper rather than an import one if this is the case. Not far from me and interested in having a look.

Anyone know the car? Discuss :)

Jza 80 is the model, the difference it's the engine codes. either 2jz-ge for the n/a or 2jz-gte for the tt engine. Sz Szr gz rz are also trim levels of the cars.

This is an import and as such has the correct bumpers, lights and wheels

Hasn't it also got import lights fitted at rear? Reverse lights on inner lenses as opposed to fog lights on UK cars?

lights are correct.

There is a difference in the rear bumpers. The import has a big hole behind where the plate goes. The UK doesn't. From the pictures I'd say thats a normal import rear bumper as the lettering on the plate looks huge!

Does seem very cheap though to be that tidy.. Plus, for a car thats 'money is no object' then why des it have cheap ass budget tyres on it!

Look over it carefully, as mentioned, it's got cheap tyres, so the no expense spared isn't exactly true

I will be selling a an N/A Auto with highish mileage soon and I will be looking for that sort of money for it, so it is cheap, but that could be for a reason

To be honest they don't get much cheaper than that, unless they have obvious issues

Cheers for the input chaps, may be worth a look :)

Look over it carefully, as mentioned, it's got cheap tyres, so the no expense spared isn't exactly true

I will be selling a an N/A Auto with highish mileage soon and I will be looking for that sort of money for it, so it is cheap, but that could be for a reason

Thats where i'd be going dude... I'd hold off for that! You know the history of that and know it's been loved! Unlike some random advert where you can say whatever.

Thats where i'd be going dude... I'd hold off for that! You know the history of that and know it's been loved! Unlike some random advert where you can say whatever.

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting you buy the one I will be selling (your a long way away from me) and it isn't my car that I have owned for the past 5-6 years, but a White Supe I own:sly: tried to get the wife to have it, but shes having none of it

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Even though I have been a long time owner of an N/A and have 2 of them, they are not rapid cars, they are great for daily driving, but if you think you will be looking for power then hold out for a decent TT

I was really surprised how good the Auto box was in the N/A, so don't be put off by an Auto, although I do prefer driving the manual

Guest SW20Turbo

Hmmm, keep the MR2 and have an NA supra for a daily or get a UK TT replacement for the MR2 :sly:

Decisions Decisions! :D

Auto doesn't put me off at all ;)

I'm already thinking if this is going to be a replacement for my rev 3 MR2 Turbo, it's gonna have to be the 2JZ-GTE!:eyebrows:

If you enjoy the speed of the mr2, then you will have to get a tt, the n/a's aren't exactly slow but compared to your mr2 it will be.

Have you got any pics of the mr2 you can upload mate?