The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Windscreen washer pump - choices

Jiversteve

Just got a new MOT and now the washer pump has stopped working

I have removed it before and given it a good clean but this time I think its time for a replacement.

Mr T want about £60.00 for a replacement but as I am short of cash does anyone know if a pump from another Toyota will fit.

I have pm'd keron to start things.

I doubt its electrics as I have had the pumpout before. It may just be lack of use and a smidge of corrosion that has made it stick.

As I have done it before and emptied all my screenwash allover the road I dont think there is any muck in the tank and its unlikely that the tubes are blocked as I cant hear the pump spin up.

I have never used washing up liquid, always proper screen wash liquids so I dont think I have damaged any seals.

If it stops raining tomorrow I will pop it out and run up to local scrap yard and have a look. I dont hold out much hope as It will be pot luck and I will have to get the inner wings out of the way.

I might try calling my local motor factors and see if I can get 'where used' info.