The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help n/a wont start

liam1

its been off the road for the winter months, just put the battery back noticed the positive terminal is slack i cant seem to get it screwed tight, alarm works fine doors lock and unlock, all i am getting is a single click as i turn the key it did try and start briefly,

ive took the battery back off and stuck it on charge in case its flat i did notice the positive terminal the outer coating is coming away at the top exposing the terminal im lost at what may be wrong.

dead battery my old one would say its charged and as soon as you put load on it click click click.Took it to get tested and when put on the load tester was going down to 3 volt or something like that,even though the tester said it had 12v.

going to try a new battery first thing in the morning, put the old one on charge and within minutes it said it was fully charged,the old one is about two years old and in all that time think ive only drove the car to the mot station and back think i may have killed the battery.

I am surprised you left the car that long and expected the battery to still have charge...lol.!!

H.

me to lol, tried the battery from me wifes car this morning and still nothing, put some fuel in it to thats about as far as my mechanincal knowledge goes, my neighbour had a look and still nothing got my booster pack out and after a few tries it starts, im convinced its the positive battery clamp that i cant tighten fully is the problem so after a bit of fiddling finally get a decent clamp on it and it starts first time,just purchased a set of battery clamps going to replace them both i will still take that battery of you jon please mate.