The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Too loud: sorry officer :(

ADD

Morning guys and gals well knowing this was eventually gonna happen, i got pulled over last night in alton by a traffic officer :( his exact words to me were ' you werent speeding i'll give you that but i could hear you a mile away' DOH time to get rid of the Nur spec and get whifbitz twin box me thinks, thing is i was only doing 40 not blatting it around... I didnt get any sort of ticket or summond to station or anything but presume it will flag up as being a warning if it happpens again?

It would be interesting to see how loud the car actually is now its single Hmmmmm

nice result mate, some of the old bill are nice people but you do get some harsh one's

ABSOLUTELY this one seemed down to earth and reasonable! He said it sounded very nice but just too loud which id fair enough

Lucky escape ;)

Did you have a bung in? If you sell your NurSpec then i may be instrested.

I have found that for the times i have been pulled over most police are petrolheads and are well mannered... well they are around where i live :D

Never run the car with the bung in now its single mate, ok i'll keep you in mind

He sounded fairly reasonable but without an inspection from a VOSA officer measuring decibels nothing can be done to you or your Supra.

An officer ccan potentially issue you with a S.59 nuisance motor vehicle warning. Which means if he deems that you and your car are causing a real nuisance (normally means driving/excessive revving/donuts in McDonalds car park type scenario). This means if you get caught again in either a 6month or 1 year period your car can get seized and destroyed. Harsh I know!!

Most coppers are a little more leniant with very nice well sorted cars though as they understand they are your pride and joy.

Just always be polite and courteous its always a good start. ;)

I have a really nice Magnaflow silencer I bought to weld into my Nur Spec to quieten it down but then I changed to a 4" so it's sat wrapped in the box now.

If you are interested then I can get you the part number and some photos. It is 3" straight through, about 18" long, 10" across and 6" deep. One end is centre entry and the other is offset to suit the exhaust routing. Full stainless.

i enquired about this recently at various places. i have the same exhaust on a bpu.

To get the silencer put in he would have to re-route the existing pipe. they couldnt bent 3" pipe so it would have been a lot of work to get a decent sized silencer in and envolve lots of welding. He said he could enlarge the small one on the blitz system that sits where the 2nd decat is i think. but due to its shape it wouldnt have made much difference as the space limitations and ground clearance dont allow much movement.

Thanks to all for the ideas of getting round this but I think go and buy a whifbitz twin box :)

I'm just chuffed that I didn't get done

How long have you had the car as it is now? Just keep it as it is and hope you don't get pulled again :)

If you do get pulled, hopefully it'll be a different copper.

Only a matter of time before I get pulled with the RS-R on. What is the problem with using the baffles?

I was under the impression that a baffle will increase back pressure and muck the AFR's up under boost.... ?

please correct me if im wrong