The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Virgin!

Guest Jono GTi

Guest Jono GTi

Helloooooooooooo MKIVSupra.net!

Latest member Jono GTi here... :cool:

I'm posting this thread on behalf of the missus who currently owns an MR2-Roadster. She is in two minds now as to what she wants to do but the options in short are to upgrade the '2 with Bodykit etc to make it something a bit more special OR......

Sell the '2 and buy a SUPRA MKIV (Twin turbo).

What we really need to know is where do we look? where is it safest to buy a GOOD/SOUND one?

What can we expect to pay for one in A1 condition throughout?

How good are the older ones?

As you can tell, we are complete Supra Virgins and we need your help! PLEASE can you let me have your advise on this.

If anyone is local (oxfordshire) is there anyone who'd be interested in meeting up to show us their toy?

Please feel free to PM or Email me - All advise VERY gratefully received.

:)

Hi and welcome,

If you click the link below this should answer most of your questions;

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

Regarding safest place to buy, I've heard that newera imports are pretty good, they seem to stock more facelift supra's with the VVTI engines, these ones you would probably expect to pay up to 20k for a sub 30k 2000 6 speed TT, and the price for a 1994 6 speed with sub 50k would normally be around 11-12k mark.

Just check on autotrader reguarly then this should give you a feel for the prices they go for, the auto's are normally 1-2k less than the equivalent manual.

Also most of these questions get asked on a reguarly basis so you will probably find loads of info by seaching on the site.

Hope this helps for now! :)