The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Helloo, someone help?

Guest downziiieee

Guest downziiieee

Hi,

Ive been looking for a supra for sometime now, i have seen a few amazing cars, agreed to go and pick it up but have been let down twice. One man had already sold the car, and another told me it had low mileage, yet on arrival i realised it had 210,000 miles on the clock!

Does anyone know of any Uk Spec TTs, with less than 80,000 miles that I could get for around £5000 or less? I would like either White, Black or Gunmetal Grey, would consider blue or red. Manual would be brilliant but I am aware there are not many Uk manuals, so I would be happy with Auto or even tiptronic.

As long as the car is running well, i dont mind about dents/scratches or scuffs as I would take it on as a project.

Please help I have been desperate to get my hands on one for so long!

Thanks

Guest downziiieee

well i could go to 6 or 6 and half but my insurance isnt cheap so im pushing my budget, what with trying to buy my own house as well. Im going to have to wait longer or resort to getting an N/A. But i REALLY want the power!!

Guest downziiieee

I cant afford to insure a jspec unless its an NA because of my age :(

That one on ebay looks just right for me, and its still registered as an NA, but its 7 hours away from where i live and nobody would come that far with me to help get it back. I live in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.

haha a dont wana get in trouble already lol guy only had it for 2 months dozy**** left the receipt for wat he paid for the car. in with the manual n alarm guides etc lol anyways sound :)

i spent 6 hours cleaning it and polishing it today will get my digital camera out tomorrow and take some decent ones :D

If you are struggling to scrap the money together to get a tt supra then there is no point you even thinking of buying one as you will not be able to afford to run it ! They are a high maintenace car and are coming of age that need important parts replaced, and also petrol will kill you sorry to brake it to you mate but you can keep looking and hoping

How old are you? Insurance is cheap on a UK spec. I'm 22 and pay £880 on mine with Admiral (multicar) so if you find a UK spec, don't worry about high insurance :)

Good luck!

Im not sure how you got that quote, i just got quoted £842 by Sky for my car.

I assume you checked the paperwork you had from Admiral that your covered on a mkiv tt.

Im not sure how you got that quote, i just got quoted £842 by Sky for my car.

I assume you checked the paperwork you had from Admiral that your covered on a mkiv tt.

Yup, mkiv Supra Turbo (as they class it), non import. It would be about £1100 but it's on the multicar with my Mum and brother. I've also got my parents as named drivers which brought it down by a couple hundred quid.

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

Yup, mkiv Supra Turbo (as they class it), non import. It would be about £1100 but it's on the multicar with my Mum and brother. I've also got my parents as named drivers which brought it down by a couple hundred quid.

Good news its the correct car.

I guess it pays to have a standard car as Admiral wont touch my mods along with lots of other places, or they seem to be quoting it through the roof.