The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Approx costs rebuilt 2jzgte.

Nicolai

With upgraded or standard parts?

Upgraded around the 5k mark I think. Standard parts probably around the 3k mark at a guess. It all depends how far you want to take it really (Crank, Pistons, Valves, Head, bearings, etc etc)

Best to get in touch with the various traders and see what they can do for you individually :)

Thanks Scott,

It would just be standard parts as i want to be BPU max.

I dont want to bother the traders as they are always busy.

Is there a kit you can buy somewhere and do it yourself? Not me personally but a friend who is working for nissan (lol)

Thanks Scott,

It would just be standard parts as i want to be BPU max.

I dont want to bother the traders as they are always busy.

Is there a kit you can buy somewhere and do it yourself? Not me personally but a friend who is working for nissan (lol)

I don't have the numbers to hand (or most of the prices), and this is off the top of my head, but here goes....

Full Supra Gasket Kit £230

Pistons

Piston Rings

Rods

Rod Bolts

Rod/Caliper Pins

Crankshaft

Matched Big end Bearings for said crankshaft

Head Studs

Water Pump £135

Oil Pump £145

Pulley Wheel £260

Pulley Wheel Bolt £8

Timing Drive Gear

Timing Drive Gear Key

Timing Belt £37

Aux Belt £30

Valve Stem Seals

Valves

Springs

Retainers

Shims

Buckets

Of course this is assuming that the block itself is in fine fettle. If it isn't then you might be as well with a new block on top of that. Honing out the bores is one thing but you may need to look at oversized pistons etc if there is a lot of wear/damage.

Without having the engine cracked open in front of you it is impossible to plan for a rebuild.... other than going the whole hog. Easiest option would be to have the car taken to a trader who will determin what is required and replace as necessary, in the UK this is fairly straight forward. Elsewhere will prove costly with regards to shipping etc and a LOT of time will be wasted IMO.

Power steering pump is about 450 quid Adam.

As Scott says Nicolai until the engine is in bits in front of you cant plan the rebuild. Why dont you run it until it fails then rebuild it? You might get another 100k miles out of it. There was a VVTI Aristo on ebay recently that had nearly 260k miles and was still going strong