The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Running on 15" drag wheels, MT radials all the time......

Jamesy

Due to lack of traction even with 295 R888's i'm now debating whether to run the proper 15" drag wheels (as per Lee and Jamies current ones) with some super squidgey tyres

I will still use the SSR's for shows n stuff but no point having a fast car if its uncontrollable and i reckon with proper drag wheels fitted it'll still be lively, but also more fun.

I also think its looks pretty brutal on the car on the streets too!!

Does anyone have a pair they want to sell ?? :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What profile size are your rears? Maybe going up a profile or two will help, or winding down the spring rate/rebound on your coilovers if you can? Drag wheels do look the business though.

You'll need to put small brakes on the back i'd imagine. I'm hoping you have the bigger brakes with 700+bhp anyway :D

What profile size are your rears? Maybe going up a profile or two will help, or winding down the spring rate/rebound on your coilovers if you can? Drag wheels do look the business though.

You'll need to put small brakes on the back i'd imagine. I'm hoping you have the bigger brakes with 700+bhp anyway :D

Yes i will grab some jspec rear calipers ......!

You will go through tyres so fast you won't know whats happening, and the car will feel a bit wobbly at the back compared to your 888's, the reason the 888's aren't working is the roads are too cold to let them get to optimum temp, my fireblade is the same I would get more grip from touring tyres till the weather warms up, 742 shouldnt be enough to start thinking of drag radials on the road, why don't you get traction control ?????

You will go through tyres so fast you won't know whats happening, and the car will feel a bit wobbly at the back compared to your 888's, the reason the 888's aren't working is the roads are too cold to let them get to optimum temp, my fireblade is the same I would get more grip from touring tyres till the weather warms up, 742 shouldnt be enough to start thinking of drag radials on the road, why don't you get traction control ?????

Thanx mate, maybe they will perform better in the better weather!! :D

why don't you get traction control ?????

cheatin'!!

Those tyres are only 26" Tall JP how come your using those ?????? An auto will be revving its tits off.

I never suggested him buy any size mate, my car does well over 140mph in 4th with them 26" tyres though and they are easy to fit, 28" are a pita, you have to jack it right up at the back.

I never suggested him buy any size mate, my car does well over 140mph in 4th with them 26" tyres though and they are easy to fit, 28" are a pita, you have to jack it right up at the back.

I know !!!!! But that looks even harder, what RPM in 4th dude??? I really need to be able to hit 160 ++++ before I run out of RPM