72 members have voted

1. 1. Tint or no tint

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rear hatch & quarters as dark as you like, doors either as is or the lightest tint you can find (even the lightest will no doubt make the car illegal though)

Here's mine, pretty sure this is all as it came from the factory though

attachment.php?attachmentid=128442&stc=1&d=1300259105

Maybe J-sepc & Uk-specs differ that way?

Img_5653.JPG

Or ask some other red supra owners to post up what they have. :)

Right then, red Supra owners get your pics up!! :)

I have all different colours and darknesses of film at home so I may just whack a sheet on the outside of the glass to see what it'd look like if there aren't many red owners with tints.

Right then, red Supra owners get your pics up!! :)

I have all different colours and darknesses of film at home so I may just whack a sheet on the outside of the glass to see what it'd look like if there aren't many red owners with tints.

In comparrison with other Red supras, Obviousely with you have the Uk Spec and Light interior The windows will not look As dark compared to those with a dark interior with the same darkness of windows. Due to the light interior making it appear brighter.(unless of course you went for a limo black).. Think that makes sense. :)

I always tint mine and in the current supe went for a dark smoke on the rear and medium on the sides, in my opinion gave an alround contrast, Plus it hides my install in the boot :p

It depend if your car inside looks crap or nice. My Interior looks really nice so i took it tint of from side windows and only left on quarters. But if you have something to hide like yourself then definitely tint all windows and wear hat and glasses :p just like Blackie :)

In my opinion tint windows on Black cars looks the Best.

It depend if your car inside looks crap or nice. My Interior looks really nice so i took it tint of from side windows and only left on quarters. But if you have something to hide like yourself then definitely tint all windows and wear hat and glasses :p just like Blackie :)

In my opinion tint windows on Black cars looks the Best.

Haha, burn :D

Yeah, I'd leave the side windows alone as they'd be illegal anyway if I tinted them.

I'd just tint the read window and the rear quarters.

I agree, tints do look best on black cars so I think I'll just have a play with different films at the weekend :)

I'm also going to put Clearshield on my headlights as there are a couple of stone chips on them and I don't want any more!

Door windows I thought you couldn't have any tint that wasn't factory?

Rear windows can be limo, I thought rear windscreen had to be 30%? (Unless it's a car that has van derived models with no rear windows).

Don't see the point to tinted rear windscreen, you'll see little to nothing out of the back in the dark, can't say I've actually seen a supra that's tinted and think it's better with them than without.

Door windows I thought you couldn't have any tint that wasn't factory?

Rear windows can be limo, I thought rear windscreen had to be 30%? (Unless it's a car that has van derived models with no rear windows).

Don't see the point to tinted rear windscreen, you'll see little to nothing out of the back in the dark, can't say I've actually seen a supra that's tinted and think it's better with them than without.

Front screen has to allow 75% light through, side windows forward of the drivers seat have to allow 70% light through, all other windows can be completely solid if you like (as long as you still have 2 functioning rear view mirrors).

Windows from factory allow about 80% light through, so your side windows could have a 5-10% tint applied, but you wouldn't notice any difference to standard, and you're still risking technically being over the limit.

If its too dark on the door windows its just an excuse for the police to pull you. Cant they make you take it off on the spot these days or even impound your car ?

Also dangerous at night.

I think they used to do that but you can't really do it well and they had complaints. They don't give you a producer ether just impound the car I think

My Dad is a regional sales manager for a company that sells safety film so we have loads of film at home and he can also tint windows. I think the side windows have to let through 70% of light but the side rears and rear window can be as dark as you like.

I'll just play with some film at the weekend and see what looks good.

Cheers guys and girl :thumbs:

I've had all my cars tinted except the supra, I've never really thought it would go well on a red supra but after seeing a few vids on you tube of red stock supra's with tints, I'm kind of leaning towards getting it done now.

You can get the front done but like Josh said they need to emit 70% light through, the trick is to get your rear window dark, then work forward getting lighter, this should give the effect that it's all the same darkness hopefully, smoked tints is what I'll probably be going for :)