The mkiv Supra Owners Club

using an n/a as a daily driver??? mpg

orrggg

hi am putting my n/a supra back on the road start of next month.:)

problem is my daily driver ( civic type r ) insurance is up at the end of the month and cant aford at the moment to insure both and tax mot the supra.

so a was thinking of using the supra as a daily driver.

just wondered if any one else uses there,s every day and how they found it on fuel with the current prices

hi am putting my n/a supra back on the road start of next month.:)

problem is my daily driver ( civic type r ) insurance is up at the end of the month and cant aford at the moment to insure both and tax mot the supra.

so a was thinking of using the supra as a daily driver.

just wondered if any one else uses there,s every day and how they found it on fuel with the current prices

The Type-R is bad on fuel anyway, granted the Supra will be worse but not THAT much worse :)

I use mine every day do about 400 miles a week getting 350.to 400 a tank and loving it

a was only getting about 300 to a tank, maybe the o2 sensers need replaced or somthing. or maybe i need to learn how to work out mpg better.

just a shame to leave the type r of the road when i,m paying money for it every month.

but even bigger shame to leave the supra locked up in the garage any longer.

fk it supra it is and a new credit card for the petrol lol

Used mine for the past 6 months as a daily driver, even in the snow. It's been great and not had to do any maintenance so far, not bad considering it was built from other peoples spare parts! The only problem I've had is a slipping clutch, but that's just because the box & engine was pulled out of a breaker

MPG is about 20 around town - I do a lot of short journeys, but get about 30mpg on the motorway just taking it steady. It's actually better on fuel than my 2.5 Mondeo and is FAR more reliable & comfortable. Practical it is not.

a was only getting about 300 to a tank, maybe the o2 sensers need replaced or somthing. or maybe i need to learn how to work out mpg better.

just a shame to leave the type r of the road when i,m paying money for it every month.

If it was a TT you could get free petrol.....

(only a joke)

Used mine for the past 6 months as a daily driver, even in the snow. It's been great and not had to do any maintenance so far, not bad considering it was built from other peoples spare parts! The only problem I've had is a slipping clutch, but that's just because the box & engine was pulled out of a breaker

MPG is about 20 around town - I do a lot of short journeys, but get about 30mpg on the motorway just taking it steady. It's actually better on fuel than my 2.5 Mondeo and is FAR more reliable & comfortable. Practical it is not.

yeah a had one about 5 years ago as a daily driver but was hard to gauge the petrol a used as a got alot of free petrol in my old job. ( worked in a garage/workshop and borrowed alot of petrol, forgot to return it lol)

300 miles to a tank isn't great, as you say it could be a mechanical issue, or maybe just your driving style (no offence intended). If you drive it steady and everything is working well there's no reason not to get well over 350 miles to a tank.

yeah a had one about 5 years ago as a daily driver but was hard to gauge the petrol a used as a got alot of free petrol in my old job. ( worked in a garage/workshop and borrowed alot of petrol, forgot to return it lol)

Remember to use I's instead of a's when mentioning yourself. It may sound ok when saying it, reading it looks really stupid ;)

300 miles to a tank isn't great, as you say it could be a mechanical issue, or maybe just your driving style (no offence intended). If you drive it steady and everything is working well there's no reason not to get well over 350 miles to a tank.

I've managed that in my TT, much the same as driving an N/A I guess (no boost) but it was VERY boring :D

I've managed that in my TT, much the same as driving an N/A I guess (no boost) but it was VERY boring :D

Yeah, I know mate, my single was even better than both the TT and NA on fuel when driven sensibly. Problem was, like the TT, that never lasted for very long!

Last mot they said it just passed the emissions test, put a new set of plugs in it last nite so maybe that should help a bit.

Got an issue with the vehicle speed sensor bringing on the the engine light.

Going to look at that further once back on the road. Think it might be related to a cheap delimited fitted but that's another thing to look at. Looking for a Thor one but can't find one.