PDA

View Full Version : hello from a youngun

t-one234
15-03-11, 18:14
hello

im tony or tone as my nickname
im 22

and ive just put a deposit on a mk4 supra non turbo manual

wanted a supra since i was really little, would love a TT but im to young to insure one of them:(

are there any of you in northampton area? i wouldnt mind saying hello to a few local people once i pick mine up

its got a problem with the drivers door window motor as it doesnt go down
im hoping its a fuse lol

anyway

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO:D

supra steveo
15-03-11, 18:22
:welcome:

bradleyh_15
15-03-11, 18:24
Hello Tony! Got any pictures of the supra in question?? Pay 10 to be a full member and the forum will be even more of a help to you and even have the answer to your window conundrum! Also check out the events section for your area for meets! :)

TTRickeh
15-03-11, 18:30
Welcome :)

qwarrior
15-03-11, 18:31
Hi Tony,

I'm up in Northumberland mate, but may see you at one of the national meets in the future.

Enjoy.

Josh
15-03-11, 18:33
Welcome from another 22 year old :)

If you've put a deposit down then does that mean it's being bought from a company? Get them to sort the window out for you :p

Attero
15-03-11, 18:53
Welcome from a 20 year old owner... you oldey, you! :)

You'll love it mate and what a great place to live with Santa Pod nearby! :) Hope you can attend SupraPod this year.

scotty71
15-03-11, 18:56
Welcome

pezzler
15-03-11, 19:11
its got a problem with the drivers door window motor as it doesnt go down
im hoping its a fuse lol

Welcome!

Shame you cant pop the door card off quickly to take a gander - the window regualtors arent massively robust. Might be a case of the regulator has bitten the dust, and the current owner has pinned it up with a length of wood or something

Havard
15-03-11, 19:42
Welcome..!!

t-one234
15-03-11, 20:41
thanks for the welcome fellas

i will deffinatly pay up for proper membership once i pick the car up and its on my drive

its got a pretty naff set of alloys on it which will be binned for some rotas or bbs lms at some point

but first priority if it comes back hpi clear, i will sort the window out lol

the other interesting thing is it has a sticker for this website on the window ;)

Josh
15-03-11, 20:49
thanks for the welcome fellas

i will deffinatly pay up for proper membership once i pick the car up and its on my drive

its got a pretty naff set of alloys on it which will be binned for some rotas or bbs lms at some point

but first priority if it comes back hpi clear, i will sort the window out lol

the other interesting thing is it has a sticker for this website on the window ;)

Get some details of it up as someone on here will probably know it :)

Scott
15-03-11, 20:51
Welcome, not sure if you know or not but the insurance of an N/A will generally be more than a UK spec TT (like Josh), in fact a Jspec TT will often be in a very similar tax bracket so I hope your choice wasn't just based on insurance :)

Look forward to the pics :)

Ricky49
15-03-11, 21:11
Hi and Welcome

ripped_fear
15-03-11, 21:16
Welcome to the club! from a resident 21 year old :) plenty of young blood here! :p

t-one234
15-03-11, 21:51
yeah, i will post pics if i get it

i could have bought a TT indeed

but im factoring in running costs, fuel and although the insurance wouldnt be to bad, i wanted to work my way into the supra scene slowly lol

plus id love to keep my licence intact

KamaSupra
15-03-11, 22:06
Welcome to the club dude, be good to see which member used to own it if it's got some Supra club stickers on the window :) Can't wait for the pics once you've picked her up ;)

Attero
16-03-11, 00:33

but im factoring in running costs, fuel and although the insurance wouldnt be to bad, i wanted to work my way into the supra scene slowly lol

You seem like a mature guy, which is exactly the kind of people we want here! We get too many people joining up saying, "wheeey! I own a Saxo and think a Supra is much more suited to me because I'm cool even though I can't afford to run one because I'm all pikey and that."

:)

j_jza80
16-03-11, 01:07

:thumbs:

t-one234
16-03-11, 08:24
You seem like a mature guy, which is exactly the kind of people we want here! We get too many people joining up saying, "wheeey! I own a Saxo and think a Supra is much more suited to me because I'm cool even though I can't afford to run one because I'm all pikey and that."

:)

thank you for the words dude :)

ive never been one to abuse a car, and im deffinatly not in a position to lose my licence after the cost and effort involved in getting it and i love it having no points :)

if the sale doesnt go through on the car, i will find another

evinX
16-03-11, 11:10
Hey mate, im in northampton, where abouts are you?

ps im 20!:D

d[-_-]b
16-03-11, 11:14
Hey & welcome!!
Another 20 somethinger :D all good!! welcome to the forum, hope you are able to get your car sorted and shall look forward to seeing some pics if all goes to plan! : D
All the best!!

evinX
16-03-11, 11:16
Yea dude lets see some pics!!

t-one234
16-03-11, 11:57
im from kettering fella, would be nice to meet up with you and have a look around your car if possible

yeah, i will post pics when i pick it up and its safely on my driveway

ive got a small shopping list already ;)

t-one234
22-03-11, 13:30
well, tonight is the night i pick up the beast

pics tomorrow fingers crossed

Thorin
22-03-11, 14:02
Welcome.

BTW, I'm 7 years old and drive a 2000BHP Supra.