The mkiv Supra Owners Club

reccomend me a turbo

dr_jekyll

can someone reccomend a fast spooling turbo for me , i cant afford a dbb so i was thinking of a relitively small turbo that can sustain boost through the whole rev band .

i cuurrently have the garret gt4088 but for my na-t sprint car i think its a bit big .

also if anybody has a single with a small turbo and would be interested in a swap let me know.

id like something with a t4 flange and 3"vband to exhast, im not botherd about brand aslong as it makes boost early in the revs , at 3k would be fine .

thanking you

If u want quick early solid boost get a hks gt30r it starts boost at 1500rpm and hits 1.4 to 1.5 bar (full boost) before 3000rpm and carries on right upto 6000rpm+ with hks 264 in/ex cams fitted, it's a proper spoiling monster mate!!!

I changed the exhaust housing to a 1.06 a/r and this also makes a massive difference holding the boost solid through the revs!

Its pretty damn impressive really for such a small turbo, infact It has more torque than bhp which is also very rare!

Whatever people suggest, pick the smallest. response is what you need, not pub talk BHP figures. Fill the area under the torque curve and it will be far better than seeing how high the power curve can go :) Run a bit more CR than stock TT, maybe 8.9 to 1 if you can, to keep off boost response sharp. Will need a decent map though.

I've got a Precision 67DBB which I took off my car a couple of months ago to try a BW unit. It has done about 6,000miles all on the road with no track use. It spools extremely fast (1bar by 3700rpm in 3rd gear on a flat road) and make bags of bottom end torque (400lb.ft at 4000rpm ). It has a 0.81 exhaust housing but I do have an unused 0.68 as well which you could have if you wanted even more low end grunt. There's a dyno plot in my sig so take a look if you are interested.

I can't be bothered to fit it back on again now as I had to make a few alterations to the rest of the install when I fitted the BW turbo and I can't be bothered to undo them as I'll probably be trying a bigger BW. :D

Drop me a pm if you want some pics etc.

Whatever people suggest, pick the smallest. response is what you need, not pub talk BHP figures. Fill the area under the torque curve and it will be far better than seeing how high the power curve can go :) Run a bit more CR than stock TT, maybe 8.9 to 1 if you can, to keep off boost response sharp. Will need a decent map though.

I think I have the smallest single on the forum.....lol

Great advise though mate :-)