The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anybody used Nankang tyres?

Brazil

Guest civictyper2004

Camskill are good for tyres.

I had nankang NS2's on my old car before it was smashed up (not a Supra) and they had good wet and dry grip for day to day driving but they were most definitely not a high performance tyre. Good for the money though.

Falken 912's have a pretty good rep too.

What size were you after?

Widow makers, things you should never buy cheap on a decent car, tires and brakes :(

This is very true, Good tyres are a priority for sure... before you even think about doing any mods at all, for gods sake spend the money on the only thing that actually keeps you on the road.

I don’t know why companies sell cheap "performance" tyres... you are gambling for your life if you buy cheap rubber...

At the very least get some Falkan 452's... I used to run them when i had less cash available and they were good for the money, a few members on here run them as well. Since trying a more expensive brand (currently on Continental Sport contact 5's) i would say that i wouldn’t touch anything under a Falkan 452 or similar spec'd priced tyre - Nankang is certainly not one of them

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

I'm on Nankang at the moment, and my god they're awful!!! There is NO grip in the wet, and you can get wheel spin in the dry without to much effort. Can't afford to replace them just now, so just have to be careful. And they came with the car before anyone asks why I would buy them ;)

One thing I will say in their favour is that they are jolly good fun coming off wet roundabouts :D

• 2 weeks later...
I think a good value tyre, i.e. price to performance, is Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta (think that's how you spell it) - not badly priced and good performance too, a few members on here use them too iirc

I had them on my Supra, I'd highly recommend them.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Sessanta.htm

Oh and the ones who have used Nankang's are not alive to tell the story :(