The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spoiler Blade -- discoloured

Jellybean

Try a bit of g6 or g3 compound, i had some yellow discolouring where the dips in the tailgate are next to each side of the spoiler (water had collected and stained it) nothing i tried got rid of it....got a cloth, bit of elbow grease, some g3...good as new.

Im not entirely sure whether the blade has a skeleton...most probably does for structural support, but dont quote me on that one. Id be very surprised if there was water getting inside the spoiler and rusting it inside out.

Super resin polish as the title suggest is more of a polish with fillers tbh, wont do much for it...wax will just seal the whole thing....it will not remove any contaminents or discolouration whatsoever. If you have applied wax onto it, you will have to get it off...as using SRP ontop of it will do nada.

You need a rubbing compound like Farecla g6 or g3 to work into the surface...it should remove the discolouration as long as its not too deep down. HTH.

Are you on about a stock spoiler or trd? If its a stock spoiler there is no metal in there apart from the threads for the bolts to go into at the bottom, the rest is made of something like fibreglass, its all fibre's but dosent use a resin like fg, more like a filler

• 3 weeks later...