The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Soarer 4.0 GT-L

Guest RJSzynal

Guest RJSzynal

Hi, I have a 1991 Toyota Soarer 4.0 GT-L (known as Lexus SC400 in the US) and thought I'd join up on here as it shares many parts.

I've owned it since November last year. It currently has an issue with the G2 cam sensor (no signal over 3200RPM or below 800RPM) resulting in misfires so I have to unplug the MAF to run it in failsafe mode. The failsafe mode results in loads of extra torque everywhere but 16MPG no matter how I drive.

I'm currently installing a Megasquirt 3 with MS3X addon board which is going well but I need to sort the cam sensor as even though the G1 cam sensor works it is 180 cam degrees out (not sure if I can use it and change a value in Tunerstudio). I need to get a rubber vac hose which fits both the 1UZFE and the MS3 too.

Robert

• 1 year later...
Guest RJSzynal

Over a year later and I'll finally add some pictures. lol. It's still going nicely but it's back on the stock ECU as the megasquirt has a failed power regulator chip (I think, it powers on and off for a few seconds at a time). I've spent the last year doing a mechanics course in preparation for being made redundant in 2 months time so I've gotten to work on it with proper equipment and experienced help which is pretty awesome. Doing 45-60 hour weeks since last September hasn't left me much time with the car though so I've only really been maintaining it and running it.

Robert