The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Please stop

Biguns

Please stop selling your supra's too cheap, it's getting mental when you can pick up an N/a for £1400 and a TT for £4000!!! These cars are being ruined by chavs and the like.

Remember the TT is a porker killer and when you see a supra coming up the road you notice a lot of people are looking at it, unless it's a ruined chav'd up mobile, and god knows what affect the horrific things happening in japan are going to have on supra imports.

Its down to far too many being imported for peanuts thus dragging the value down, if there were only uk specs here imagine what their value would be ;)

Obviously running costs dont help but stop the imports and ship a few back would really help, too many importers all jumping on the same bandwagon to make a quick buck

Big engine & poor-ish fuel economy mean they can be very difficult to sell for what they are really worth compared to other cars.

Especially in an environment where most people are trying to cut back on costs & fuel is now above £1.30 a litre & in some places well above that.

It's a sign of the times.

They're not getting any younger and when you consider you can now buy a hatchback kicking out 330 bhp it shows you how much things have changed.

Also they a fuel guzzling beasts at best.

I love my Supra to pieces, let the chavs buy them and destroy them. Then will come the day when they are rare and the prices will hopefully climb a little again. Although I would have thought that prices long term will be for unmodified cars.

The cars at that price will be crap anyway. Be bought by non enthusiasts who don't care and don't maintain them. They won't last long be crashed or fall to pieces. You can easily spot a dog. It's like this in the states with many cars. For example

In Florida when I lived there for 3 months I saw a black supra outside a hotel, an areo, lhd, it was bone stock. And it was a late model. The 15 year supra anniversary model. So rare. The paint was knackered not chipped but flaking off and faded everywhere. Big dent in the bonnet. it had been sat in the sun for a very long time. It wasn't there every day and the interior was shot. Obviously well used. I've never seen one in such condition. Easily 250 miles on it.

No enthusiast who wants a supra would have baught it other than a full strip down rebuild.

On the other hand there are the cars on superforums that are simply stunning. The gulf between the 2 over here isn't big enough... Yet

I've seen the same on soarers/gtos/eclipses/various nissans the drift boys would love, but they were all complete sheds. Appart from the ones owned by people like us.