The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Reverse Light to Fog Conversion.

Elmo

At the mo my car doesn't have a rear foglight, I had it removed when I repleaced the rear bumper 6 months ago.

My MOT is due at the end of the month and I need to convert one of my rear reverse lights to a fog, but I'm having trouble finding a definitive answer to tell me what type of a bulb the Facelift reverse light takes, is it definitely 7443?

Oh one more thing. All the wiring/fog switch is in place from the old foglight that was fitted to the old bumper, is it easy to wire up my reverse light, or should I get a qualified auto electrician to do it for me. By the way, I'm useless with electrics :rolleyes:

Cheers :thumbs:

There is a fog light conversion guide HERE

The fog light switch needs to have a light on it to indicate when the fog lights are on.

Cheers Nic, the car had a fog light fitted into the rear bumper. The switch has a orange light which illuminates when the fog light is on, I replaced the bumper so all the wiring etc is already there, so most of the guide is irrelevent, I just need to connect it up.

The guide looks a bit complicated for me, I'll print it off and give it to someone who know what he's doing!

Can you confirm the bulb required is 7443 (for facelift)?

Thanks!

Cheers Nic, the car had a fog light fitted into the rear bumper. The switch has a orange light which illuminates when the fog light is on, I replaced the bumper so all the wiring etc is already there, so most of the guide is irrelevent, I just need to connect it up.

The guide looks a bit complicated for me, I'll print it off and give it to someone who know what he's doing!

Can you confirm the bulb required is 7443 (for facelift)?

Thanks!

i was in the exact same situation as you a month or so ago, if you have the switch and all that still connected (like i did) i assume the wire for it is in your boot right now, just feed it through the little grommet (make a little hole through it) behind your lights, you will see the one i mean once you remove the panel in the boot and the light unit itself. then splice the 2 wires with the wires that come out of the reverse light bulb (i used bullet clips on both just to be safe) then paint your reverse light bulb a good few times with red nail varnish and hey presto.. you have a rear fog in replace of one of your reverse lights. I am an absolute n00b when it comes to electrics but even i managed this one.

you can try buy a red reverse light instead of painting but i couldn't find one anywhere at all, not even online, plus the paint does the job anyway tbh.

hth

Yeah same as me. The wire from the foglight switch is just tucked out the way under the carpet in the boot, I assume it doesn't matter which way the wires go round?

Anyway, you've made it sound like an easy job so I'll give it a go!

Cheers!