The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dubious dyno results...

steady_dave

Just got back from a local meet with a few friends.

Now a friend there who shall remain nameless for now has recently tested his car on a dyno.

His car is BPU standard twins and the result he got was 526.5BHP running at 1.2 BAR.

The rest of us don't believe him as this is an obsurd claim, until he pulls out a DYNO printout whish states 387.1KW (which apparently is 526.5BHP)

Basically am I right i thinking the company is lying to him?

He is saying he has been told he can get 700BHP from the standard twins.

We all laugh at this notion, but I thought I would put it up on the forum to re-affirm my beliefs.

Input people?

387 at the fly wheel would not be optimistic for a BPU would it? I thought 400 was reasonable to expect with full BPU.

What exactly has he done? Fuel pump, boost controller, fcd, induction, cat replacement, intercooler.......?

Oh yeah, it's BPU. Forgot that bit. Maybe it was 387bhp and they put it down at Kw to make it sound better..

The max I've seen any Supra with stock J-spec turbos is around 430hp (flywheel), that was at 1.2bar with cams, ECU, FMIC, fueling upgrades, etc. a basic BPU Supra usually makes around 380-400hp (flywheel).

I would agree with that, ive lost count of the number of cars that people tell us are 420-440 hp with a de cat and fuel pump at 1 bar, we had a Subaru tuner turn up in his own car and ask to run it as another dyno was saying it was around 440hp, he said I know it nowhere near that, I asked what power it was and said it would bre around 385 genuine, we ran it and got 382 !!!!!!!! he now uses this dyno to run cars on.

I told him it was a pub horse power figure Steady when he posted it on Facebook.

Everything I said he shot down and had a reply for...

But the bottom line is he wont get that from stock twins.

I thought even with hybrids the max you could make was around 450 at the fly

(1.21gw) :D

Edited by scotty71 (see edit history)