The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What starter?

a98pmalcolm

Hay all. Hope everyone is ok.

I have a starter motor issue thats been tempramental forover a year. Sometimes take a while to get the engine to turn over as the starter just clicks and then it works fine for months. I had a thread on this before so we all know its the starter and they can be refurbed but im just goin to buy a new one and be done with it.

I called up my trusty local motorfactor (Bedford Battery Co. Ltd, very good service and parts they do have always been great) and they can get a starter for my Supra next day but they said there are a few options, possiably 3 if i remember correctly.

He said that he will need to check what the numbers are on the starter to make sure he can get the correct one.

Does anyone know what on it will be for mine? Like what the most common one was i.e: part number etc..

Its a 1993, TT, Import, Manual Supra MK4 (non VVTI)

Thanks

Paul

If the starter is truly gubbed dude, the cheapest way is to Reburb it using the Method described in Technical, iv done this myself and has never missed a beat since.

If its new(oem) your after then Paul whiffin can get parts cheaper than Toyota sometime, best give him a PM. And replace it with a NEW OEM part