The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will USDM electric seats work in a JDM Supra.

marc_p

As above really, I've decided to retrim the stock seats rather than purchase different seats, but I was thinking about using a facelift US Supra's drivers seat for the passenger side so I have electric facelift seats at both side's rather than just the drivers.

Is this a simple case of plug and play or is it a little more complicated?

The passenger side on a jspec dosent have a loom like the driver side, get the us spec driver frame, transfer the foam + covers from the jspec to the us frame, do some wiring and it should be fine. Funny this is becuase i was sitting in the supra thinking the same thing yesterday :D

If you could get hold of the electric seat loom section from someone who was light weighting their car, I would imagine you could splice in the "new" passenger loom connector into the existing drivers one, then *should be plug and play for the US seat - give it a nice OEM style fixing method.

b;3058873']If you could get hold of the electric seat loom section from someone who was light weighting their car' date=' I would imagine you could splice in the "new" passenger loom connector into the existing drivers one, then *should be plug and play for the US seat - give it a nice OEM style fixing method.[/quote']

Good idea, thanks.

Bit pointless IMO. How often do you move the seats? Mechanical movement is faster and less bother! Shipping won't be cheep from the states. Stock electric seats weigh a tonne!

It's all part of the end game, what I basically want to end up with is a Supra with all the creature comforts and useability of a modern day car, I want people who get in the car to appreciate the little things. It's like electric windows, they make the car heavier but I'd rather have them as there just nice to have.

I'm not to bothered about the weight as when I go single it should more than make up for the additional weight.

I should imagine it's only a positive and negative wire? So if you've already got a leccy drivers seat then you could piggyback 2 wires to that and run it to the passenger side. Admittedly you won't have an OEM plug but it'd definitely work