The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speed Delimiter.......

Suprash

The speed control unit is the only option there

"Speed control units are designed to change your speedometer from kilometers into miles an hour. (ie if your speedo reads 180KMH once the unit is fitted it will become 180MPH from that point onwards) Also every car imported from Japan is restricted to 180KMH (approx 112MPH) our unit in most cases will remove this restriction.

(Please Note, with a S.C.U fitted you do not change the original Kilometre face) "

Matt, How much was it then ??? I thought they were only around £60.........Thors are.......

I thought a speed delimiter was different to having you speedo converted from kmh > mph........Our speedo already reads in mph, not unless someone has just fixed a different face on teh dial.

Does anyone know where the converter would be located, as I think I really need to establish what I have......??

My vehicle had already been SVA but was still restricted to 110mph so i asked whifbitz for a delimiter.

Charged me £117 inc vat and delivery. ouchh!

Delimeter fits behind the speedo.

The part came from Import Solutions Limited and cost £58.00 the reiept was in the package. Phoned Paul he said that after his mark up the price i was charged was correct.

I don't mind profit but robbery is a bit much lol.

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

Sorry Mods and all people of correct posting but I want this seen........

I need a speed delimiter, like yesterday, and Thor are shut due to JAE, anyone know where I can get one or have one.......???

Help..........:(

Don't bother with any of the others, the THOR ones are the only ones worth getting.

Originally posted by Matttrd

So what your saying is that the one i bought is no good?

Great an expensive paperweight.

Im sure it will work fine mate, plug it in, after all you have paid for it now, and Im sure that as you bought it from Whiffin, expensive as it is, Im sure he lcoates good quality stuff.

It will either work or wont........if not send it back and get your money back......;)

Originally posted by Matttrd

So what your saying is that the one i bought is no good?

Great an expensive paperweight.

I had an Import solutions speed converter and delimiter fitted to my VVT-i Tiptronic and the shift points, Traction control and PAS were all over the place, fitted a TRL one and it sorted it all out.

Well the traction control plays up ocasionally :) but I think thats a bad connection somewhere. It used to switch on EVERY time I started out.

In fairness VVT-i tiptronic ECUs are a law unto themselves, but TRL was the one that worked for me.