The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Vented bonnets with a polished engine bay??!!

Jamesy

Am deciding which bonnet to replace my current bent in half version ....

... i quite like the vented bonnets, TRD/Top Secret etc .... but i am concerned the vents will allow too much crap through and ruin the polished engine bay.

Anyone on here have a highly polished bay with a vented bonnet? How do you find it?

Bare in mind the car is not garaged :(

Cheers

I love my top secret 2 but gutted how much water gets onto the bay!

I'm actually that gutted I don't look now....lol

Jamesy u can get a weather tray fir the top secret 2 but won't fit on my car because of the turbo and strut brace, also I think it would melt with the heat from a single!

you could always go for one like ravens if you use a nice micro fibre mesh and fabricate some plastic tubing to run the excess water down to the rad area im sure it wouldnt be an issue its just a question of getting the righ sponge/mesh to make sure its not just dropping stright through

thanx guys - the bonnet i found is a TRD one which has 4 big(ish) vents so thats not going to work... argggghhhh

will keep looking for a stock one :)

What about the offer you got of the UK bonnet that's going to be removed in the next 2 or 3 weeks? I think the UK scoop would go well with the rest of your car :)

I have a AB Flug bonnet and water used to continually run down through the bonnet vents and onto the top of the engine = not good.

I "fabricated" of sorts a "water shield" out of thin ally and painted the whole lot in heat resistant paint.

Directs the water down to the gap between the front of the engine and the rad = Issue of water running onto top of the block solved.

Will try and get a pic of it over the weekend if your interested dude.

(oh my intake plenum is polished, it still gets the usual slight dulling, but hasn't gone rusty or tarnished as such. - not to the same standard as your engine though admittedly >

b;3058845']I have a AB Flugt bonnet and water used to continually run down through the bonnet vents and onto the top of the engine = not good.

I "fabricated" of sorts a "water shield" out of thin ally and painted the whole lot in heat resistant paint.

Directs the water down to the gap between the front of the engine and the rad = Issue of water running onto top of the block solved.

Will try and get a pic of it over the weekend if your interested dude.

(oh my intake plenum is polished, it still gets the usual slight dulling, but hasn't gone rusty or tarnished as such. - not to the same standard as your engine though admittedly >

thanx bud - sounds like a good option but to be totally honest i'll prob just get a stock one unless a uk scoop comes up within the next few days :)

thanx bud - sounds like a good option but to be totally honest i'll prob just get a stock one unless a uk scoop comes up within the next few days :)

Ahh fair enough, was a bit of a pain to be fair to get it right and fitted, and your car looks mint with the stock bonnet on any ways, so that way you know its def water resistant :D

yeah see that looks bloody great mate, nice work!!

b;3058863']Ahh fair enough' date=' was a bit of a pain to be fair to get it right and fitted, and your car looks mint with the stock bonnet on any ways, so that way you know its def water resistant :D[/quote']

thanx mate :)

• 6 months later...