The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1st Supra

sweetcal66

Hi everyone i have just bought my first supra and love it, but i have a problem with windscreen washers when i try to use them nothing happens just wipers come on, there is no noise from the washer motor. Just wondered if anyone knows of a solution or if i will need to replace the pump, motor, or easier to just to replace the whole bottle, pump and motor?

Thanks

Nice one will get pics up soon just moved house so no internet at the minute like, am on the works computer now, any idea were i can get a pump from? cheers

You'll have to either pay the £10 membership fee and post a "wanted" thread asking for one. You can PM "Keron" as he buys damaged Supras and breaks them for parts. Alternatively, speak to Toyota.

I have a feeling your pulling the stalk towards you - press the button on the end of the stalk inwards, that operates the washer jets

In my old N/A I drove around for 2 months with 'broken washers', I then pressed the button on the end......I felt like such a tool:(

In my old N/A I drove around for 2 months with 'broken washers', I then pressed the button on the end......I felt like such a tool:(

When you get a new car, do you not check all the buttons and stuff?

Each car I've had, I've spent about half an hour sitting in it playing with all the buttons to see what they do and to make sure they all work.

When you get a new car, do you not check all the buttons and stuff?

Each car I've had, I've spent about half an hour sitting in it playing with all the buttons to see what they do and to make sure they all work.

That's the worst part, I already knew how they worked, I'd used them dozens of times before as I'd had the car for 8 months, I then used my Civic for a couple of weeks and somehow forgot how the wipers worked.