The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I love this car! but..........

Guest Bill Sim

Guest Bill Sim

Hi everyone. I bought my Supra just over a week ago. I've wanted one for years and now I finally have one. It's awesome. It may only be a non turbo (couldn't really afford the twin in manual, boo hoo) but I love it. The only issue I have is fuel. As it stands I'm only getting about 250 to 300 miles to a tank. Is this normal? I appreciate it is a 3.0 ltr engine and having never owned one of these before, I really don't know if this is average with other Supras. When I first got it I did spank it a little (I have wanted one for years so it would be rude not to) and this had my alarm bell ringing about fuel. But even when I drive like my dad its still a bit shocking. If its normal then ok, I'll increase my fuel budget. So (a little long winded!) is this fuel rate normal. Any help would be awesome.

Thank you.

Bill.

Guest Bill Sim

Thanks for that guys. At least its not broken. I'll have some pic of the car up soon. At the minute its standard in black with 17" Godfather alloys in gun metal gray. The previous owner has put a god awful steering wheel on which is getting changed and a new induction kit, but I don't know which one yet.

Thanks again everyone,

Bill.

The previous owner has put a god awful steering wheel on which is getting changed and a new induction kit, but I don't know which one yet.

Welcome to the club Bill and congratulations on the new motor :thumbs:

As has already been said keep the stock airbox, it is sealed from the engine bay and has 2 cool air feeds, all an induction kit will do is suck hot air from under the bonnet reducing power and sound louder.

25-28mpg is around the max you'll get on steady motorway drives, around town or on spirited runs you'll be seeing 20mpg or less. If your fuel consumption is low then it could be that the car needs new oxygen sensors.