The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help - no 2nd turbo

Guest 93twinturbo

Guest 93twinturbo

well guys im new here! how are yous i need a bit of help anyone know anything about supra engines! my secound turbo does t kick @ 4000 revs like b4 y ideias! was told the turbo was dead need a new one!! still a bit of power but nothing like b4 please help

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 93twinturbo

well mate! nothing came off i was doing 150 when that happened in a good straight back road just to see what she was capable u know new car want to try them thing out then next once was hitting the 4000 revs i stop getting that big boost looks like she wants to go but is just no power there!!

i meant a new turbo!lol maybe time to go single

Sorry mate, you didn't make sense so I was kidding :p

I'm not sure, someone will know but I really don't know. Maybe take it to one of the traders on here or see if they know what the issue may be :)

well mate! nothing came off i was doing 150 when that happened in a good straight back road just to see what she was capable u know new car want to try them thing out then next once was hitting the 4000 revs i stop getting that big boost looks like she wants to go but is just no power there!!

Wow there, now breath.... ;)

Welcome to the club mate, sure you'll get some good answers on what could be causing you problems. Any pics of your car? :)

i want to put fotos up but do i do that lol just started in this this forum today!!lol

Start a new post and click on the "attachment" button (paperclip) and find it in your documents/pictures then click on it then click "upload".

Alternatively, set up a (free) Photobucket account and host from there.

Guest gazza

ct 26 turbo's are very reliable units and cope with upto 16psi of boost, so unless he's been running a silly bleed valve and going crazy high with the boost setting it should be ok. besides that when a turbo lets go its usally followed by lots of blue smoke and the chance of the impella piece's going in the engine or out the down pipe.

now if its got cats fitted to the exhaust still then the problem you describe is what happens when the cat is old and coked up it can over heat!, it melts and reduces the exhaust flow causing the same problem you describe. so check out the catalitic converters first before you start pulling the turbo's off.

Could be a number of things, stuck VSV being one of them.

I suggest you hit the FAQ section for troubleshooting turbo problems and go from there.

I agree, a few of us have had this problem on here. For me it was a pipe had slipped off of one of the vsv's. Do you get any boost pressure at all when the 2nd tubby should come in?