The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It this a rare part?

jmcc42uk

Hi guys,

I apologise if this is a silly question or been covered but searched and nothing came up.

I've got a Supra coming from Japan and this steering wheel is on it, have been advised that it is quite rare/sought after.

Seen the black carbon fibre but this one has a sort of Kevlar/brown look about it.

Any ideas on value?

Thanks

Jon

ive got one of those carbon wheels due in this week! airbag has gone but wheel will be avail...they are very rare...

Had a guy in HK that restored a blown TRD steering wheel for me, he did an amazing job you couldn't tell the difference after he'd finished, went on my car in place of the non-airbag wheel.

Yeah the carbon steering wheels are quite rare, had one on my old supe an have only seen a few about

Damnit Jack, you beat me to it!

I have this car now, including said steering wheel :) If they're worth that much, I'll be sure to look after it!!

You could get a roof rack as an optional extra?! :blink:

Also, does this mean my horrendous mirror tints might be original, or is this picture for something else??

attachment.php?attachmentid=165914&stc=1&d=1363396892

And I've got the auto-lights thing on mine, but I never use it. It's just cluttering my dash at the moment. I've got a new dash to fit, so this'll probably come off at the same time. How much would this go for if I took it off and sold it?

attachment.php?attachmentid=165915&stc=1&d=1363396892

mirrortint.jpg

autolight.jpg

Edited by Kilps (see edit history)

Guest 7w34k
Also, does this mean my horrendous mirror tints might be original, or is this picture for something else??

I can't see photobucket pictures here at work, so I am way off I analogize, but I assume you are referring to the mirrored rear quarters:

8.サンシールドストライプ(ハーフミラータイプ) = Sun shield stripe (Half mirror type) is similar to:

5.サンシールドストライプ(ロゴタイプ) = Sun shield stripe (Logo type)

So I think it is only referring to the Supra logo on the rear window. However, that doesn't mean that the mirror tint is not stock.

Guest SupraTroopa
You could get a roof rack as an optional extra?! :blink:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/m4tt101/Supra/Parts/mirrortint.jpg

And I've got the auto-lights thing on mine, but I never use it. It's just cluttering my dash at the moment. I've got a new dash to fit, so this'll probably come off at the same time. How much would this go for if I took it off and sold it?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/m4tt101/Supra/Parts/autolight.jpg

£££££

One sold on here just before I sold the car to you mate, I mentioned I had one and instantly got 2 PMs, one offering £80 and one £70 IRC...