The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ALWAYS check your bonnet is DOWN properly.... Gutted.

Jamesy

I'll keep this short as im so fu(king p!ssed off about it.

Left Lee's earlier and thought i'd shut the bonnet properly - obviously not as once i got to 50mph the bonnet flew open and bent in half smashing the windscreen on the process..... lucky didnt damage anything else like the wings or roof.

Perfect timing just when the sun is about to make an apperance this week.

Bonnet - fu*ked

Windscreen - fu*ked

My enthusiasm - ......... hmmmmm

****needed****

Bonnet

Windscreen

Blow job

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nightmare, mate. Windscreen looks okay in the pic, where's the damage?

Spotted another car like this just last week and it's something that I always worry about whenever closing the bonnet (especially when I had the carbon bonnet and could see it flexing at high speed :eek:)

New bonnet and you'll be right, can you claim for your windscreen on your insurance?

Yeah i did sh!t myself the noise was mental just glad it didnt damage the roof.

The windscreen is cracked from the bottom near the steering wheel right across to the middle - brand new screen too.

Windscreens arent covered on my insurance either unfortunately

I got very lucky last week. Driving down the motorway and I noticed the bonnet was having a little wobble. Immediately pulled in and closed it properly. I've greased my catches as they weren't latching on properly everytime.

Unlucky bud :(

I got very lucky last week. Driving down the motorway and I noticed the bonnet was having a little wobble. Immediately pulled in and closed it properly. I've greased my catches as they weren't latching on properly everytime.

Unlucky bud :(

Yeah lucky if you were on motorway too mate....

Mate im gutted for you but try to take positives away from this.. no other damage was done and you didnt hit anyone/anything.. could have been soooo much worse.

I have a bonnet coming off my supra next week as my carbon one is going on.. your welcome to have it if it will help, if you can arrange collection from my bodyshop its yours :)

Mate im gutted for you but try to take positives away from this.. no other damage was done and you didnt hit anyone/anything.. could have been soooo much worse.

I have a bonnet coming off my supra next week as my carbon one is going on.. your welcome to have it if it will help, if you can arrange collection from my bodyshop its yours :)

Thanx Lee - could have been much worse for sure - its just the bloody weather is getting better and i'd planned abig waxing and engine polishing sesh this arvo!!

What colours your bonnet mate? ;)

Sadly its black mate, so would need a re spray but tbh if it will help, your welcome to it. I will have no where to store it anyways once the carbon one goes on!

Have a think, see what else crops up in your wanted thread.. but just drop me a pm and let me know if you want it, aslong as you can arrange collection before the end of the month its yours :)

Sadly its black mate, so would need a re spray but tbh if it will help, your welcome to it. I will have no where to store it anyways once the carbon one goes on!

Have a think, see what else crops up in your wanted thread.. but just drop me a pm and let me know if you want it, aslong as you can arrange collection before the end of the month its yours :)

Thanx mate thats really kind can u hold for me to make a couple of calls tomorrow?

I might be able to get Matt to spray it for me ...

....where are you based mate i'd need to get it to West Sussex :)

yeah, no worries, the car is in the bodyshop gettin the kit fitted and im not expectin it out til end of the month..

it would need collecting from Hull, humberside. Its in good condition, no dents etc.. Only taking it off as I have a CF one goin on.. :)

Glad to be of help to another member ( aint that what its all about anyways! ) :)

Just let me know via PM over the next week or so if you want it, and give me a bit of notice so I can make sure the bodyshop have it dropped off ready for collection :)

Like I say tho mate, its a sh1t bit of luck, but could have been so much worse.

Thats some nasty luck mate, i would have shat myself! I suppose at least it never dented the pillars or roof, that may have ended up a lot more expensive to fix.

If Jamsey finds another then i'd be keen to take it off your hands mate, mine still has a massive dent from the vandal that smashed my windscreen, if Jamsey takes it then it's all good though :)